The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 07:18 AM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default World Series, anybody watching?

I don't have a dog in this fight (Twins fan), but it has been a competitive and very interesting series so far. I don't recall a more bizarre series of games though. Most every game turning on something you seldom see.

Two best teams in the baseball are playing IMO, but there have been plenty of errors, mental or otherwise, players and Umps alike.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: World Series, anybody watching?

Not happy with the way the Cards have performed at the plate. They need to get aggressive and win these games, not try to outlast the other team. The fielding for the Redbirds has been good except for in game 1 for the most part. They wasted a great opportunity last night against a struggling pitcher by taking pitches down the middle and swinging at pitches out of the zone. If the bats don't wake up tonight, I'm afraid it looks bleak for my team. I expected some lapses on the Cardinals part because there are so many rookies and we have a slug playing SS (Kozma). Glad he was benched last night even though we blew that game.

Who knows what weird **** is going to happen tonight?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:44 AM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

So, how 'bout them red sox! They're really kicking the puck threw the hoop great, eh? Scoring lots of touchdowns. I'm positive they get at least one hole-in-one in the next game!
mridenour likes this.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 AM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps Ortiz is gonna steal home in the 13th? If Gibson isn't pitching tonight, you guys just need to walk him, just like everybody did to Pujols. He'll burn you if you don't.
mridenour likes this.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:57 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Yeah, he is their MVP. Ours is unfortunately injured and is only available as a pinch-hitter. It is looking good for Boston. They one won on the road and still have a chance to win another. It would have been a big win for St. Louis last night but they looked awful.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 AM

They say momentum is all about next games starting pitchers and it is. Wainwright may get beat up again, but his playoff history says otherwise. I still got this series at even money.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:40 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

New beard is itchy
mridenour and ia_trouter like this.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
They say momentum is all about next games starting pitchers and it is. Wainwright may get beat up again, but his playoff history says otherwise. I still got this series at even money.
No matter how well Wain-O pitches, they gotta score. I'm hoping the bats wake up!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
No matter how well Wain-O pitches, they gotta score. I'm hoping the bats wake up!
Regarding run support, pitch a shutout, hit a homerun. I hate that saying
Old 10-28-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
Regarding run support, pitch a shutout, hit a homerun. I hate that saying

Yeah and it has been a while since we hit a homerun.