The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 11:56 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Liquid food supliments? Yes this is a real question.

My health has been 'in the tank' and trying to eat 'solid food' has become next to impossible. My system just can't handle it at this point. Can anyone recommend a liquid drink that's high in nutritional value?

Fred
Old 11-16-2013, 12:15 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Liquid food supliments? Yes this is a real question.

Ensure is an option though you should consult an MD and dietician if your diet is going to be mostly liquid. Sorry to hear about this Fred.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:48 AM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of

Fred, if my memory serves me, your daughter is a dietician.... Have you spoken to her about this recently ? Last time this happened, you were put on some meds that helped you . Are you still taking them ?
Sounds like now is the time to get in to a doctor. I hope things improve soon, but get some professional help.
Keep us posted, please.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.

Last edited by siege; 11-16-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:02 AM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

YES!!! Talk to a true professional.

When i was working full-time, my personal liquid diet is 4 Red Bull Blue's per day, with at least 2-3 5 hr energy's. Hey, I get alot done....

Then again....i also eat really well. Fruits-veggies and very lean cuts of meat. A good glass of merlot before bed.....and I am good.

In all seriousness.... If you are having a problem with solid food. YOU NEED TO TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!

Get better...........

Jim
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:58 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Fred .
Get your backside to a Doctor they will help a lot better than most of us except a few who are Doctors then again they most certainly would also advise you to see a Doctor because none of us can really tell which would help even though we might have a few suggestions.
Brian.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:40 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

GET YOUR BUTT TO THE DOCTOR!!!

Dave
Old 11-16-2013, 06:48 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fred: I can't add anything more other than what the others have already advised, but want to wish you the best, you should get into see your doctor. When my wife had brain cancer the doctors advised her to drink Ensure, but that was because she had no appetite (side affect of chemo), you need a professional to take a look at what is going on.

Larry

Old 11-16-2013, 08:12 AM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Fred, the liquid nutrition plan sounds like a good idea....... until bright and early Monday when you call the Doc as your good friends here advise. Take care of yourself buddy.
fredaevans and siege like this.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:02 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

My Doctor has been mine since 1995 and he's first on my list for Monday morning. Other than for Annual Physical its rare that I see him. Few years back the receptionist pulled my file and there was a green and red tab on the file edge. Asked what they meant.

'Green means your a Sr. Citizen, red means you won't call unless there some thing serious.'

fae
mcnerney and yonder like this.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fred: Good to hear your headed into see the Doc! You need a medical pro to take a hard look at what is going on. Best wishes!

Larry