The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Hard....to be a guide UPDATE

Although I ran a fishing school for years and guided in Austria for two of the best fishing lodges... I didn't have the professional certificate
So I worked on two files to get it through validation of academic credits due to experience. Just finished them ....had them printed in three copies + three USB and will bring them to the DRJS....the board of examiners will give their verdict by the end of january.....so shall I officially be a fishing guideThat is the question...Hard to be a guide

Just got an email from the DRJSCS.....telling me I'm admittedso I'm now....officially....a fishing guide!!!
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by jpbfly; 02-03-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hard....

JP: Congrats on getting all that paperwork completed, I know it must have been quite the effort, hopefully the officials will approve your application to be a fly fishing guide in France!

Larry
jpbfly likes this.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:16 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

I hope all that experience pays off. There's more than one way to get an education !
Best of luck on getting your certificate, surely you've earned it and deserve to have it awarded.
Let us know when you receive it, and we can all celebrate together
jpbfly likes this.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:03 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I expect your hard work will be rewarded JP...

Dave
jpbfly likes this.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your support guyswill let you know how things go...
Old 11-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi JP,

I thought I made the first post on this thread when you put it up but something happened and when I came back to read others there was no reply from me

So,,,, With all the prep & paperwork you have completed I would hope that certification is only a formality and that you will get your papers. As you know we are here for you if there is anything that can be done. It's just time now.

Here I have another 5 day course to attend for more regional permitting and licensing myself. I'm adding a drift boat to the fishing tools and must successfully complete training for other river systems. Then there is the insurance and more registrations for the boat. Although the requirements may seem excessive to some of our members, I believe that the idea is to weed out the crop of potential businesses and guides. Otherwise there would be more. God knows that where I live we have plenty of guides

Good luck and I know you'll be OK.

Ard
jpbfly likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-18-2013, 03:11 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck JP! Knock em dead and get that guide license!!
jpbfly likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 11-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Here I have another 5 day course to attend for more regional permitting and licensing myself
....also had a three days' first aid training for I needed a certification for my file...it was great funtwo guys for ten gals
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Somehow I know you didn't partner with the guy We do this too, first aid & CPR training I mean.

I have actually met a fellow who took a group of 3 fishing for king salmon and had an incident. One of the fishermen hooked and landed what sounded like a beautiful salmon. When the fish was netted and the group was whooping and high fiving, the man who had caught the fish announced that, "This has to be the best day of my whole life". I was told that immediately following that the man collapsed. CPR was administered but the fellow was dead. He had had a massive heart attack and never regained a pulse.....................

So, I carry this orange water tight box on the boat and I hope I never need it.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Hard....to be a guide UPDATE

Just got an email from the DRJSCS.....telling me I'm admitted....so I'm now....officially....a fishing guide!!!