The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 11:17 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did You Get It All Done?

If you're like me you had plenty of projects to complete before snow flies. From getting the lawn mowed for the last time and all of the yard and garden implements stowed away, to laying in enough wood to last the winter.

I had all of the above to do as well as getting the camper and camping gear stored and out of the way along with stowing pontoon boats and such and all the stuff that goes with them. It was a busy fall.

Here are some during and after pics of the wood and storage projects mentioned above. Three years ago our furnace went out. Luckily we have a very efficient wood insert fireplace and we have been heating the entire house with wood for the past three winters. I can't go out and fell trees anymore, but we have a log home company a couple of miles away that has a pretty good deal on blocked wood, so we get about three cord and split it up and stack it for use during winter.

Plenty to do. I still get to spend a fair amount of time finishing a basement, but I'm already halfway there. Did you get all of your projects done?

The process of laying in a store of wood - that wood stack ends up being three log lengths deep:
Click the image to open in full size.

Utilizing space in the garage to keep the wood out of the weather and pontoon storage - the small white door to the right of the wood is an access I built into the home where I can load wood into a cabinet and then access it from inside the home right next to the fireplace:

Everything buttoned up and ready for nasty weather:

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Kelly.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did You Get It All Done?

Kelly: You're a better man than me! I didn't get to that last mowing job before the snow hit (I was procrastinating, now we have about four inches on the ground). I did get the pontoon deflated and folded up in the garage. It looks strange seeing green grass on your lawn compared to the winter look we have over here.

Larry

Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

Just need to pull my Harley into the living room and then we'll be ready for winter.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:09 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

My answer is no and the snow hasn't even hit here yet. I'm planning on failing happily in this regard.
mcnerney and ia_trouter like this.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
My answer is no and the snow hasn't even hit here yet. I'm planning on failing happily in this regard.
Mike: Your my hero! Kelly is way too efficient!

Larry
kglissmeyer1 and mridenour like this.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:18 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not so much that I am efficient, it goes something like this: rather than ask my wonderful wife if it is okay to go fishing, I do the projects and then she asks me "So, where you going fishing this weekend?"

30 years happily married gets you into that mode.

Kelly.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:56 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Just put a new wood floor in the living room, entry way and dining room. Painted the living room and hope to finish cutting in the corners today. Will start a thread on the corner cabinet project with pic, took half a day to get the tv and wires installed as there was zero extra space. Next trip home I start making a dining room table from antique longleaf pine.

Dave
mcnerney and kglissmeyer1 like this.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:01 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
It's not so much that I am efficient, it goes something like this: rather than ask my wonderful wife if it is okay to go fishing, I do the projects and then she asks me "So, where you going fishing this weekend?"

30 years happily married gets you into that mode.

Kelly.
I've been married nearly that long but my wife never runs out of projects. I tell her when and where I am going fishing and she "honey-do's" me around that schedule.
mcnerney and kglissmeyer1 like this.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
I've been married nearly that long but my wife never runs out of projects. I tell her when and where I am going fishing and she "honey-do's" me around that schedule.
The projects and honey-do's never do run out, but when I make sure to spend time doing them, then I get a "pass" and everybody's happy

Kelly.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Just put a new wood floor in the living room, entry way and dining room.
Dave: I'm thinking about doing the same project this winter. Any tips or pitfalls you can offer before I get started?

Larry