The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree22Likes
  • 9 Post By kglissmeyer1
  • 1 Post By jpbfly
  • 2 Post By itchmesir
  • 1 Post By Liphookedau
  • 3 Post By Hardyreels
  • 3 Post By Liphookedau
  • 2 Post By Eddie O'Neill
  • 1 Post By kglissmeyer1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 12:30 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let it Snow - I'm Ready...

I run a thrift store in southeast Idaho and just came across this little goody that I thought I would share with you. I call it a Florida Snow Shovel for obvious reasons:

This puppy appears to be very well built and sturdy what with all those bolts and nuts and stuff...:
Click the image to open in full size.

So, call me crazy, but I figure I am ready for whatever Mother Nature throws at us here in southeast Idaho...

Kelly.

Last edited by kglissmeyer1; 11-26-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let it Snow - I'm Ready...

Kelly: Very interesting! Reminds me of the snow shovel or more "snow pusher" I had in Alaska, it had the same U-shaped handle with a BIG plastic flat scoop with a metal front edge that you slide across the driveway. You could move a lot of snow in one pass and you didn't have to strain the back lifting snow. Sure wish I could find one of those down here, it would make clearing the 150 ft driveway much easier.

Larry

Old 11-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Should be enough for me Kelly....it ususually snows for half an hour every year here
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:15 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I'm ready for snow... It almost assures me miles and miles and miles of fishermen-less water
mcnerney and waterfordcreek like this.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:45 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Kelly We don't get The amount of Snow you guys do however I'd tend to go for a Motorised version in a Bit Bigger Size.

I remember quite a few years ago whilst we were on a Fishing Holiday to Tasmania where they have really good Snowfalls.
We just happened to Park our RV at a friends Hotel he & his wife went to bed & we stayed in The Bar which he left open for us & other Stranded Fishermen to keep warm as we had a beaut Log Fire going as The Roads were all Snowed under & The Snow Ploughs didn't start until Daylight as well as a Snowdrift against The Door.
So The bottom line was we wouldn't have been able to use your Tool as we Couldn't get out.
Also your Pic of The Cars reminds me of our Ski Resorts which I used to visit when I was younger & more agile.

Brian.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I'm speechless

I also think you're pull'en my leg.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-26-2013, 04:01 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

I forgot to add to what I posted I was impressed with The Blade Tilt Feature.

Brian
Old 11-26-2013, 04:14 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Yep, ready for the snow, bring it on.

The snow chains went on after the picture

mcnerney and jimp like this.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:40 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I'm speechless

I also think you're pull'en my leg.
Ya think!

Kelly.
mcnerney likes this.