The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By jbird
  • 4 Post By siege
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 2 Post By jbird

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 03:20 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold
Default Exotic wood

My wife and I had Thanksgiving dinner with a nice lady friend of ours down the street. I found myself the only male at a table with 6 ladies. Uh... 6 middle aged ladies drinking LOTS of wine. I mostly just listened but every once in a while I contributed a worthless little nugget of conversation. The lady hosting the dinner, at one point says, "Jay makes beautiful things from wood!" OK, so now the ball's in my court and I'm gonna dazzle these damsels with some knowledge. Well, I made the mistake of using the term "Exotic Wood". It was followed by a ripple of giggles around the table. Next thing I know, we arent talking about wood anymore... Well not wood in its correct context. LOL OH NO! I sat there with a red face listening to these well traveled, upper class "ladies" comparing stories of nude beaches in the medeteranian where the term "exotic wood" Among other things, was used loosely. Then "morning wood". Followed by other terms that did not improve the color of my face. As this tangent subsided, a lady I just met looks me square in the eyes and says. "So Jay, tell us about YOUR exotic wood" This was met with a wicked round of hyena like laughter... Good times... Good times!
Old 11-29-2013, 03:32 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: Exotic wood

Well, Jay, it coudda' been worse. Flies, rods, soft tippets, fast action, oh my... the list just goes on....
Old 11-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jay: That was pretty funny, I can just see you sitting there squirming in your chair when that gal says "so tell us about YOUR exotic wood"!

Larry
jbird likes this.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:31 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
Well, Jay, it coudda' been worse. Flies, rods, soft tippets, fast action, oh my... the list just goes on....
I did baffle them with BS earlier in the evening on the finer points of flyfishing. That was well before the wine flowed freely.
mcnerney and siege like this.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:38 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice

That's hilarious.

When I bought my first spey rod I immediately put it together and was giving it a wiggle in the living room. When my wife raised her eyebrow at a thirteen foot fly rod coming dangerously close to lamps and plants and decorations, I asked "Hey, baby, want to get your hands on my double handed rod?"

She didn't.

Scott
Old 11-29-2013, 09:45 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Should've showed them how far your 9'er shoots... Line
Old 11-29-2013, 10:51 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to stay out of this, just way to many possibilities to get in trouble.

Dave
Old 11-29-2013, 11:09 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

That's a great story! But that's as far as I'm willing to go discussing it!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser