The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By busbus
  • 1 Post By busbus
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 09:34 PM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Haven't been around in a while--did I miss anything?

This is usually the first place I go on the Internet in the morning and the last place I look at night but it has been a hectic month for me. First, I need to apologize to Jay as I thought I was going to buy his Albright Meridian. Sorry, man! I still think about it but other things are still on my mind.

My wife has been having, er, well, um, "female problems" for over a year now but they have really hit a crescendo since early November. She has been going back-and-forth DAILY over whether or not to, uh, remove things. I really feel bad for her but tell you the truth, it is starting to drive me nuts! I am to the point that I want her to pick one way or the other because I need to wrap my head around whichever one she chooses.

It was a great Thanksgiving because some tests her doctor sent her for came back negative for things like cancer. They did find some things that were abnormal but they are not the reason she is having so much trouble.

Then, this past weekend, she was doubled over in pain for a day-and-a-half. Sorta stinks when the happens. We are weathering the after-effects of that currently and there is no real end in sight right now.

I had saved up a bunch of days for December in case she got her operation then AND to go fishing...but I have not been able to get out at all for weeks now. Oh, I should not say that, I did get out once in Mid-November. Landed a nice 18-inch or so brown that day. It was not "huge" but it was the biggest trout I ever caught, so everything is relative, I guess.

I somehow think she is sort of nearing the edge of the woods right now and she should be out of them within a few days. I think I will be able to use at least two of the days I saved for her operation on fishing over the remainder of the month. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch as I have been doing that since the beginning of November, only to have my hopes dashed at the last minute!

But I am hopeful I can get out. And I do not CARE how cold it is the day I get to go. Or if it is raining. Or if there is a stinking tornado or even a comet on its way to earth: I am going to go *somewhere* to fish on my day off. Actually, I hope it is cold because I think I will probably be the only one on the stream and that would be alright with me! I need some time to get away from people and noise and expectations and responsibilities for a few hours. You don't know how much you need that until you can't get it.

Thanks for letting me vent. This may be the best I have felt in weeks.

ray
fredaevans likes this.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: Haven't been around in a while--did I miss anything?

Hey, Ray, we missed having you around for a while, and nice to see a post from you. Sounds like you've had your hands full and could really use some time out on the water. If I lived a little closer, I'd come drag you out and do some fishing. If you need to vent some more, please feel free to pm me. We share some issues, and can share some thoughts.
I hope things sort themselves out for your wife, and life gets better at your house. My prayers are with you, keep looking up.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:24 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

Best wishes for a positive resolution for all the issues you got going on.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:22 PM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold

Thanks.

I am not looking for sympathy. I just needed to let some things off my chest. And I felt bad that I inquired about something somebody has for sale then I dropped off the face of the earth. I wanted Jay to know that I did not just string him along.

It has been an emotional ride, that's for sure. I am always the positive one who thinks everything is going to be okay and I have been tested quite hard this time. I even woke up at 4:00 in the morning once, sat straight up, and heard myself say out loud, "I don't want her to die."

I came to my senses quickly thereafter because I knew that was crazy. I guess I may have been dreaming and it was reactionary.

We are on the mend, somewhat. She needs to make up her mind to either get the operation or not but most of the scary stuff is behind us now. I have my doubts as to whether or not she will go thru with it. I can't say I blame her any but, at the same time, we both need to wrap our heads around the fact that she will be having days and weekends for, possibly, a long time.

And that is okay. I would rather her be around than any other way. She gets on my nerves (and vice versa) and I relish quiet but....
siege likes this.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Ray,

I had no idea of any of this of course; it's never good to hear of a member or family having health issues and now that I think of it you have been absent a while. I certainly hope all turns out for the better for your wife and you both.

As far as a 17 or 18 inch brown trout not being huge.......... Well that's a big one in my books pal! I think that all the wide angle shots and claims of sizes without a tape measure being used or shown have many fine fishermen desensitized to the size of fish the same way all the talk about Billions and Trillions of dollars have many of us desensitized to the value of a dollar.

I hope you wife is better as I write and just remember Ray, Your fish was big & 10,000 dollars is a lot of money too.

Old School
siege likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-04-2013, 10:14 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Ray, great to see you posting again, but sorry for the problems your wife is having! Life does have a way of getting in the way of fishing sometimes! Been thru similar with my wife, including brain surgery a few years back, so take care of her, the fish will still be there!

Thoughts & prayers coming your way too!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!