The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 11:12 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default -5 to 0*

That's the forecast high temp range for tomorrow in my frozen neck of the world. Oye!

It was 5* this morning and the real cold air hasn't moved in yet. At least we don't have much wind in my part of Montana...Great Falls, Butte, anywhere E of the divide, yikes.

It's time for books, bad TV, fly tying, etc. What do you do when it's too cold to go outside?
Old 12-04-2013, 11:19 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: -5 to 0*

You're just showing off, since you're in the banana belt...

-10 this morning.. cold comes in tonight I think

I just ordered a bunch of hooks from Allen, picked up some stuff at the local store on Black Friday specials.. nymphs: BWOs PMD and Little Sallies - is my
plan

Looking for a window, and we'll pick up the tree - so it can have a day or 2 to defrost in the garage
Old 12-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the same boat down here in Pinedale, WY, tonight's low is forecast to be -14 degrees and tomorrow's -16 degrees. Ard can take this cold wx back up to Alaska anytime now (he is probably in a heat wave)!

Larry
fredaevans likes this.

Larry
Old 12-04-2013, 12:33 PM

troutn will become famous soon enoughtroutn will become famous soon enough

We have a balmy low of 26 tonight in the STL. Low of 8 coming in a few days.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:42 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

We don't often get the cold in the mid Atlantic that you guys get. It might get down to zero occasionally, but not often. The western part of MD, in the mountains get the cold, but not so much here where I live. The water keeps the temps at bay I think. I believe it got to about 60 yesterday, but today's a bit colder, in the 40's. Jan. & Feb is when he get the colder air!

I think if it got that cold here often, I would have to spend a lot of time tying flies or keeping the wife warm!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 12-04-2013, 12:59 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: -5 to 0*

'Quite your bit chin Fred.' Bottomed out at 15 here this AM, tad colder tomorrow morning. This little sign (-x) is not a good thing for fishing ... well ice fishing I'd guess.

Fred

Posts 1 and 2 got me thinking so I looked up Hamilton, MT, an area that I know fairly well. With the wind chill factor this is like living/growing up in 'Nowhere Manitoba,' Canada.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
That's the forecast high temp range for tomorrow in my frozen neck of the world. Oye!

It was 5* this morning and the real cold air hasn't moved in yet. At least we don't have much wind in my part of Montana...Great Falls, Butte, anywhere E of the divide, yikes.

It's time for books, bad TV, fly tying, etc. What do you do when it's too cold to go outside?
That's getting pretty cold John,

It's been in -0 numbers for a while here but today it's about 20* and it's great. Problem is it could sleet / rain Thursday night and with everything cold as it is that makes things real bad.

I have been writing material for my business web site and watching over some new advertising that I've started. I'm pretty stoked because in the past 4 days I've had over 800 new visitors on the site and many inquires about fishing 2014 So I'm not even noticing that it's cold yet.

I need to call today to see if the new freight sled will be done on time for the first cabin run which will be coming up before Christmas and get fuel ready to transport. Add to that, I'm looking at another boat for drift fishing and it'll be spring before I know it. There is so much I need done at the cabin that when I get there I'll have to hit it like Patton turning The Third around.

I have a book to read that I promised a review on and must get to that soon also................ hope it don't rain

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-04-2013, 03:45 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

yep 49 right now and foggy/ misting though by this weekend temps will drop atleast 30 degrees and keep falling next week.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:08 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Ard, it's obvious that you are well conditioned for the long winters. I'm sure that having a lot of things on a "big to do list" is key to not going nuts up there.

Congrats on all the traffic to your site, only one of those hits is mine...so you're doing well! Btw: my wife finally wants to start a vacation fund so we can take a family trip one of these years and she knows that Alaska is at the top of my list. I wonder if next July is too much to hope for?

For the rest of you fly tyers: The guys at Tightline Video posted a new pattern, it's so simple and great that I wonder how it took so long for me to find it. I love it and am really itching to get my vise back out.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:53 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Larry & All.
Just to let you know it's supposed to be Summer over here The opposite to your seasons & it's only about 74 Degrees F inside however we have had a few warm days around 86 Degees F.
While you guys are inside Tying Flies I'll think of you when I'm Fishing.

I haven't checked The Weather in Wasilla as I think Ard would be really Snowed in.
Brian
mcnerney likes this.