The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: I Need Your Help;

Thanks guys,

I have avoided Face Book all these years because, and this will sound stupid,......... because of privacy issues.

Yeah, hard to fathom right? A guy with about 15,000 posts and threads on this and a couple other Salmon & Spey forums is concerned with privacy..... Duh

Right now the challenge will be to take time to get another web presence going. I have a responsibility to this forum and have been working up articles albeit short text types, to post on the web site of my own. I try to keep them short and to the point but each evening I am working on another. It seems I have a few folks who are stopping by to check for new stuff so I'm stocking the pond daily now.

Then there's the fly tying thing; I've been amassing materials and components for tube fly tying and have ran a few prototypes, they are looking good and should be good fish catchers. I plan to make enough tubes - cut shank Intruders - and Sculpin patterns to supply fishermen in 2014. Add that to my habit of tying Dee flies for my boxes and time is short

Then there's the work at the cabin beginning in January............

Thanks everyone, hit that page now and then and I'll look into this new face book thing

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-05-2013, 04:29 PM

troutn will become famous soon enoughtroutn will become famous soon enough

Ard, I have bookmarked your site and I will keep my ears open to referral opportunities. The SEO is an ever changing challenge in marketing. I will be heading to Alaska in a few years, and I will certainly consider your services. I am going with another couple that don't fly fish, so I may have to be creative to make it happen for me and/or my wife.
Rick
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:27 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
+1 to the social media idea, but add Facebook to that. Many 'old timers' (people with money) don't bother with Twitter at all. If you're going to use both just 'cut and paste' from one to the other to save a lot of putzing around. Facebook we use as that's were you find a heck of a lot of other fishermen/women.

Fred
Fred is right Ard. If I or others posted a Facebook status that simply said please hit my buddies website because he needs some traffic, I'd have 50 hits in a day or so. A few of them would even be fishermen. I don't spend much time on FB, but social media is here to stay if you want net exposure. As far as the privacy issue I can't say I understand what the dangers really are, anymore than posting forums.
Hardyreels likes this.

Last edited by ia_trouter; 12-05-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:31 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about

Ard needs help.

Ard gets help.

I like the website, anyway!
CAB
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:09 PM

lacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nice

H2H, Ard - and it's a great site!

Bob
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:33 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Been browsing and there's tons of great pictures and reading in the blog section. Someday I'll fish Alaska, someday!
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

Consider it done.

Jim
Old 12-06-2013, 07:14 AM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Done, will visit often, would love to get up that way, who knows.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:21 AM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about

Hitting it every day when I check the forum. Great site!
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:05 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Ard, I click on your banner and it's not connecting
Tried it a number of times..

Your link too
I think that your site is down

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Now it working
Hardyreels likes this.