The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 03:47 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default I Need Your Help;

Over the years we have had members who ask us to follow some link and vote for them so they could win fly rods. We have supported many good causes from the forum also and still do

Now I could use your help, I know that not everyone can afford to travel to a place like Alaska. I know that if you did come not everyone can afford to hire a guide.

What you can do without spending a dime is help me find those people who are coming and will hire someone.

What I need is for as many people as possible to use the link that is in my signature here and visit my web site. Look around, read the blog posts, maybe even leave a comment on them.

What this will do is to elevate my traffic statistics with Google. The more traffic, the longer those people spend browsing the site............. My page moves up in the results list when people are searching with words like Alaska - fly fishing - guide

Get what I mean? I am writing new posts every day trying to keep the few returning visitors I have and you may find the site interesting. If you think of it just stop by when things are dead on our threads here, then of course get back here to the forum but when it comes to site visits right now, the more, the merrier.

I really need more web traffic and now I'm asking for it.

Thanks to everyone,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-05-2013, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Need Your Help;

Will do ArdI often visit your site...I've already told you I can write an intro in french to add on your site...
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:01 AM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

be glad to help if I can
Hardyreels and fredaevans like this.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:02 AM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of

Been there, done that, will keep doing that.

For those of you who have not done so, take a look, it's an interesting site and well worth the time. Email a link to your friends, discuss it with someone on line, get a buzz going.
Think of it as a small way of saying thanks to Ard for the hours he puts into the forums. It's thanks well deserved.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:06 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to do it Ard. Certainly plenty of great pictures and information on the site to keep us busy browsing!
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to all

I agree, great pics, and lots of Info. I look forward to the day that I can call and book a trip with you. Too many trips to do and not enough time, but I will make it happen very soon.
Hardyreels likes this.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 12-05-2013, 09:45 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Happy to help Ard. Have you thought about linking your blog to Twitter. I am a moderator on a UK fly fishing forum and when I tweet posts from it, the statistics always increase. Social media is definitely the best way to get the message out there. Just a thought

https://twitter.com/eddie_oneill/sta...22112958861314

https://twitter.com/eddie_oneill/sta...31284580507649

Last edited by Eddie O'Neill; 12-05-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard
I will help also, need to bookmark your site so I see it at the top of my screen......helps me to remember to visit.

I forgot to mention that I really like what you have done in the photo section with the captions hidden until you hover your cursor on the photo, very nice indeed!

I need to start putting some money away for an Alaskan
Fly Fishing trip!

Larry
Hardyreels likes this.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:54 AM

jgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nice

Happy to help Ard!

When I get to AK I will book a couple of days with you for sure.

In the meantime, get a Facebook page going and I will certainly pass it along. While you are at it get a Twitter account too.

Joe
Old 12-05-2013, 10:15 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: I Need Your Help;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie O'Neill View Post
Happy to help Ard. Have you thought about linking your blog to Twitter. I am a moderator on a UK fly fishing forum and when I tweet posts from it, the statistics always increase. Social media is definitely the best way to get the message out there. Just a thought

https://twitter.com/eddie_oneill/sta...22112958861314
+1 to the social media idea, but add Facebook to that. Many 'old timers' (people with money) don't bother with Twitter at all. If you're going to use both just 'cut and paste' from one to the other to save a lot of putzing around. Facebook we use as that's were you find a heck of a lot of other fishermen/women.

Fred