The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree72Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Nelson Mandela

a great man and a great loss. RIP.....
calftail likes this.

ARFE
Old 12-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
Does that mean this thread is open for differing opinions or is it only for those that wish to pile undeserved praises at his very dirty feet?
If I wanted to call a dead mans record into question I would probably not do it at his wake. So I guess if I were compelled for some reason to have ill feelings for the deceased I would probably look for a group of like minded folks and hash it out with them.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-05-2013, 10:02 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish everyone would keep these dam political opinions to themselves or take them to a political forum. A big reason that I fish is to escape the worlds problems for a few hours and when I can't fish, I want to come here and read about fishing. This thread should have been locked down when it first appeared instead of letting it go until members are angry at one another.

Dave
rickf and fly_guy12955 like this.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:13 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
I wish everyone would keep these dam political opinions to themselves or take them to a political forum. A big reason that I fish is to escape the worlds problems for a few hours and when I can't fish, I want to come here and read about fishing. This thread should have been locked down when it first appeared instead of letting it go until members are angry at one another.

Dave
Dave

Seriously? First time I read the word politics on this thread is right now. A 95 year old world leader that many here think highly of passed today and some members paid their respects. It's truly as simple as that. There are about 70 categories here strictly for fishing topics. In the future I'd pass by the General Discussion and Lodge Den threads to be safe.
duker, gzarboni and siege like this.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:19 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
If I wanted to call a dead mans record into question I would probably not do it at his wake. So I guess if I were compelled for some reason to have ill feelings for the deceased I would probably look for a group of like minded folks and hash it out with them.

I don't have to question his record, that what confuses me about this, all his sins are well documented. The only difference between him and Che Guevara is that instead of dying while his crimes were still fresh, he was allowed to live and mellow so he could polish his image.

It's all history, real live history.

So why does he get a pass?

I'm done here, but people should read about his early life before prison, read about his wife and the other leaders of the SACP/ANC.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:25 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
all his sins are well documented. The only difference between him and Che Guevara is that instead of dying while his crimes were still fresh, he was allowed to live and mellow so he could polish his image.

So why does he get a pass?

I'm done here,
dude! chill out! Do you also listen to Bill Maher? maybe Michael Savage?

The mod's kicked me off the OT for saying much less! LOL

I'll check out his early life. I love looking at the other side!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:42 PM

nc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the rough

I, for one, am not mad at anyone for their opinion. Being able to express an honest opinion is one of the basic freedoms we enjoy in this country. I don't have to agree with someone's opinion, but I have and will continue fight for the freedom to express said opinion.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Now we are in the Lodge Den; reason is simple, these threads are only viewed by registered members not visitors to the forum.

I am going to say something and I will not argue it. I am writing as an administrator and a moderator not as just another member, I do hope you can make a distinction between the two positions from which I interact within the forum group.

This thread started out as a post from a member who in good faith was expressing a sentiment over another persons death. The deceased had, to say the least, an extraordinary life.

It is absolutely sad that a thread like this can not run without turning into a debate or without being steered into some digression with no bearing on the sentiment of the original post.

Yes this a fly fishing forum and perhaps I should never have thought for even a fleeting second that a thread like this could have a short but peaceful existence here.

For members who have expressed thoughts that this should have never been posted how bout if we do this; no topic, none at all that does not have something to do with fly fishing? Think about that for a bit will you. No Merry Christmas posts because they may offend someone who does not believe in the Birth Of Christ, how bout that? How about no Happy Easter, because some member may be offended by that. What about when one of our former Presidents passes away, how bout if we argue over that because he wasn't from the group we vote for? Then there are all of our National holidays held in observance of one group or another, I'm sure someone won't like a thread honoring a group that they may not support...................

And on and on. Why in God's name not leave something alone if it isn't your cup of tea? Please don't just tell me that it is your right to disagree, please. Why not remain silent and risk being thought a fool rather than to say things that will remove all doubt?

I really didn't expect this thread to go like this, I find it disappointing.

Last edited by Hardyreels; 12-06-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Closed Thread