The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   Nelson Mandela (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/339220-nelson-mandela.html)

Eddie O'Neill 12-05-2013 05:03 PM

Nelson Mandela

Great statesman, sad loss. RIP
BBC News - South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies

Liphookedau 12-05-2013 05:17 PM

Re: Nelson Mandela

A Sad loss to The World after what that Man had endured in The Former part of his Life which has made the World a Better place for Millions of People as he relayed his message all around The World.
When you walk into A Good Mate's Home The First Thing you notice is a Photo of him Shaking Hands With The Great Man as he met Nelson Mandela when he went to a few Mining Conventions in South Africa.
To end may I say Nelson Mandela RIP.
Brian.

mcnerney 12-05-2013 05:53 PM

Sad news, he was a truly great leader of his people and endured a lot during his lifetime.

Larry

mudbug 12-05-2013 08:25 PM

How is the death of this man related to Fly Fishing?

nc_cooter 12-05-2013 08:36 PM

This man's life and death relates to not only those who enjoy freedom, but also to all who want that freedom and the personal rights that come with it.
Mike

calftail 12-05-2013 08:48 PM

Never really could understand prejudice. A mans soul is in his heart and feels for the people he knows. Compassion is a good thing. Some folks get dealt some bad cards. Mandela did something for the people that were getting stepped on. Good for him. mhrip

Hardyreels 12-05-2013 09:18 PM

I had read this earlier today and although his recent health issues indicated he would be departing this world it still seems a schock. 'He' made a difference in the lives of Millions of people, Strength - resolve - and dignity will be his epitaph in my memories of him and a land I've never known.

I could well have moved this to the Lodge Den threads but thought it more fitting to give this great man his time on General Discussions. Had he been born free he may have chosen fly fishing as his passion but he had no such luxury.

Ard

gzarboni 12-05-2013 09:40 PM

Truly a big loss to the world. He was a natural born leader and had to endure and overcome many hardships. True meaning of perserverance.
Glen

mudbug 12-05-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 617629)
I could well have moved this to the Lodge Den threads but thought it more fitting to give this great man his time on General Discussions.

Does that mean this thread is open for differing opinions or is it only for those that wish to pile undeserved praises at his very dirty feet?

siege 12-05-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudbug (Post 617619)
How is the death of this man related to Fly Fishing?

There are often forum items that don't relate directly to fly fishing, but to the world we live in.
A great man passed away today. He suffered much of his 95 years. For his beliefs, he spent 27 years in prison, and yet rose to the office of president. This rebel believed that "all men are created equal ". Sound familiar ?
He spent a long and dedicated life fighting for that belief.
This man holds my respect, and always will, and if someone here chooses to mention the passing of a great world leader, I say thank you for the gesture.