The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

View Poll Results: Which sports do you follow
Football 16 61.54%
Baseball 13 50.00%
Ice Hockey 11 42.31%
Basketball 4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 06:27 PM

dryfly256 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Favourite Sport - Poll

1. College football
2. College basketball
3. Golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 12-08-2013, 06:50 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

I didn't vote because I only occasionally watch football and never the others (okay, there was that year the '76ers went to the championship back in the '80s). My dirty little secret is that if I'm going through the channels and bowling is on, I'm likely to watch it. I don't know why. I don't bowl.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:09 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Hello Eddie,

None of the above.

Cycling events are the only things I attend or take part in regularly - Road & Cycle-cross mostly.

We took the leap to dump all forms of broadcast television in our homes several years ago. So we’re kind of a sports marketers worst nightmare.

TT
Old 12-09-2013, 01:05 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Baseball, basketball football and when with family hockey as a few play! I thought it was quite interesting Eddie as a Scot that you didn't list soccer. Not usually one of my choices but my sons gf plays college and I actually watched an NCAA semifinal game and enjoyed it! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-09-2013, 10:17 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Some interesting responses, thanks guys. Not surprised that football is on top. I have to admit I've become rather addicted to that sport since moving to the US. I've been to a number of games both pro and college. The effort that some guys put into their tail gate is amazing.

My own passion is Rugby Union and Golf. I played Rugby from my school years to well into my thirtys, giving up when the injuries started taking longer to recover from. I like the way Golf is organised here in the US, it's so much more accessible to the masses than in the U.K. where the majority of the clubs are private.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Baseball, basketball football and when with family hockey as a few play! I thought it was quite interesting Eddie as a Scot that you didn't list soccer. Not usually one of my choices but my sons gf plays college and I actually watched an NCAA semifinal game and enjoyed it! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!
I did follow soccer as a young boy, but once I found Rugby that changed.
theboz likes this.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:41 AM

jeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of light

I voted in reverse order. I follow golf, too. Tucson is a point guard u town. We love our ua wildcats. I read every article and record the games that I get to see. Thanks to directv and the pac-12 I don't get all the games or conference championship. I won't rant too much about that. It's been interesting listening to the games on the radio.

What I really want to do with this post is start bragging. More than likely the ua wildcats will be #1 in today's ncaa men's basketball rankings. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:10 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

1) ice hockey
2) college football
3) nfl football
4) baseball / basketball

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 12-09-2013, 11:19 AM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

I am a die hard hockey fan. I am originally from Montreal and the Montreal Canadiens are my team. I played hockey my whole life and even tried out for the pros in the late 80's. I also like baseball and lacrosse.

Glen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 12-09-2013, 11:48 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I too was surprised to see Soccer left off the list. More people (United States) participate in that sport than all other sports combined (as of a couple of years ago anyway). Problem is none of the major networks carry the games save for the 'odd off' (ESPN/FOX1/BEIN).

And if you want the last two you have to 'pay extra' to get them on your dish. No idea of they're carried on cable.

I like to watch the occasional Pro football game (49'ers-Seahawks was exceptional!) but in the main I'll take a pass. One hour on the game clock and it takes three hours to actually play on the field?????? I don't have that kind of 'attention span.'

fae
Old 12-09-2013, 12:28 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Baseball and Hockey here. Im pretty lax on the following of both of those.

Storm Drain Bonefisher