The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

View Poll Results: Which sports do you follow
Football 16 61.54%
Baseball 13 50.00%
Ice Hockey 11 42.31%
Basketball 4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 12:03 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Favourite Sport - Poll

I love Cardinal baseball, football (college and pro) and I definitely enjoy watching the St. Louis Blues play hockey, especially now that they have learned to score goals. But my favorite is MMA! I was a wrestler in high school and I really love watching the wide variety of ways guys can win fights. I wish this sport was around when I was younger!

Yeah, I am kind of crazy!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:24 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

I follow all of them, although hockey is by far my favorite. I'm a season ticket holder for the Minnesota Wild, and love being there on the glass. I've been to almost every major sporting event, and I can honestly say that I've never had more fun than sitting front row at a professional hockey game.

I've been a lifelong Minnesota Twins fan in baseball, the Nebraska Cornhuskers in college football, the Vikings and Bronocos in the NFL, and Creighton Bluejays in NCAA basketball. I used to root for the Minnesota Timberwolves, but I swore them off long ago when the owner, Glen Taylor, traded Kevin Garnett away and doomed us all to bad basketball for years to come. Though, things on the Timberwolves front are more positive than they have been in a long time. Now I don't really have a dog in the NBA fight. Though, I like rooting for Lebron James, so I suppose the Miami Heat would be the team I watch the most. Otherwise, I just enjoy watching the Lakers lose.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:40 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

im always swimming against the flow on this one.

i dont watch sports

kids shows are on as long as the youngens are awake

then i may sneak in some star trek
fredaevans likes this.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:44 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

1. Football or Soccer
2. Badminton
3. Running
Old 12-09-2013, 05:08 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Golf
Nascar
Play-offs in this order 1.March Madness 2. College Football 3. Pro Football 4 World Series 5. Stanley Cup.
Will enjoy watching Downhill in upcoming Olmpics.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:58 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice

I follow hockey and Canadian football. Nothing against the American game, but in my opinion the Canadian one is superior. Having been born and raised in Saskatchewan, I'm a Riders fan (and we just won the Grey Cup!).

Scott
Old 12-09-2013, 08:27 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

• Hockey - Pens
  • Baseball - Buccos
  • Football - Steelers/Penn State - I was a HUGE college ball fan, always loved the SEC and was passionate about Penn State. Recent events have soured me on PSU, but I still watch them and root - but with significantly less passion. Big Money has really soured me on College Football.
  • College Basketball - Pitt Panthers

If you would have asked me 5 years ago, NFL would have been on top, followed by MLB and the NHL. Man I love the Steelers and the hard hitting battles on the field. Just thinking about the AFC Championship game between Pittsburgh and Baltimore still gives me goosebumps. Bettis blowing up Urlacher in Pittsburgh in the snow and driving him over the goal line with his helmet in his chest was 30 feet in front of me. I've been to more NFL games and saw some amazing games than I could possibly count - heck, after I moved to Chicago I still went home for every game for years and then after I got married went home for every playoff game for years. But the NFL rule changes have really soured me on pro football - and the aforementioned graft and big money at the collegiate level... well that soured me some on it too.

To me, hockey players, no matter the money they make, are still the most "pure" of professional athletes and the Stanley Cup Playoffs are the best tournament in sport to me. No matter how screwed up MLB is and how lousy my Pirates have been for decades, I simply love the game of baseball.

I still sit on my sofa and watch the NFL - I'm watching it right now. But I don't plan my days around it any more. That's a huge change for me.

Cheers,
Mike.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:36 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

I forgot to add

Olympics, I am a sucker for the Olympics. 4 years ago my wife came home says what are you watching.....Women's curling Sweden vs Canada. What can I say, if its in the Olympics I am watching.

Best thing is Olympic hockey . I never played hockey but the constant action, hard hits and skill is awesome to watch. If you are a NFL fan, just imagine same size guys (minus the lineman) on skates, non stop action and the frustration of trying to corral a bouncing puck while getting beat on.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:53 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

only college basketball

There's 2 seasons in the year, fishing season and college basketball season

The fishing season is winding down just about the time the basketball season begins the second week of November
The Final Four is the first weekend of April just about the time fishing is starting to heat up.

It's perfect synchronicity
jeepster II likes this.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:02 PM

repperson29 is a jewel in the roughrepperson29 is a jewel in the roughrepperson29 is a jewel in the roughrepperson29 is a jewel in the rough

1. Baseball
2. Hockey
I root for the pirates in baseball and penguins in hockey. I used to love football, but just grew away from it as I got older. I'll still watch it on Sundays of course and I'll follow the niners but I don't HAVE to catch every game. But I do try to watch every pens and pirates game, at the very least listen to it on the radio. Most people find football action packed, I'm sorry, I can't stand waiting 40 seconds between plays and a commercial every other play and then two seconds of action, rinse, repeat.

I grew up playing all three of those sports but baseball was my first love followed by hockey so I may be biased.

Since the British premier league came to NBC I decided to follow that now too, started rooting for newcastle because I like he beer

Ryan