The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

View Poll Results: Which sports do you follow
Football 16 61.54%
Baseball 13 50.00%
Ice Hockey 11 42.31%
Basketball 4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 12:14 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default Favourite Sport - Poll

I think Fly Fishermen are a breed apart from most, for a number of reasons I won't go into here. I'm interested in finding out which of the major sports here in the USA you follow. I've listed what I consider the top four, please feel free to let me know if you wish another added to the list.

1. Football
2. Baseball
3. Ice Hockey
4. Basketball
Old 12-08-2013, 12:21 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Sport - Poll

Hello Eddie, I watch some college football but never professional.

Dave
Old 12-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Can't vote Eddiemy favorite sports are 1 rugby...
2 aikido.
3 soccer
4 pétanque
Old 12-08-2013, 12:31 PM

siege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to behold

Having grown up in a major city with a good college football program, a major league baseball team, an NBA team, and an NFL team, there was always an event to watch. But my favorite was and still is pro football. I've long since moved away, but watch "my" team play whenever the game is telecast.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:21 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

college football
imxer likes this.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:39 PM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

Hockey and baseball for me
Old 12-08-2013, 01:50 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Football
9ers
Stanford

BB
Stanford
Giants

Hockey and pro basketball whenever they hit like the 7th round of playoffs...

NASCAR is fun when I want to watch big time wrestling in race cars
Old 12-08-2013, 01:51 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Pro football........although the college games have been on fire the past two weeks!!

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 12-08-2013, 02:29 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

It's golf for me. I watch a bit of all the ones listed but golf is the one I follow closely.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:14 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

I've been lucky the past few years as I have friends involved in several sports.

Sisters bro-in-law is the pitching coach for the Anaheim Angels, and a friend is a guard for the Stanford Cardinals (basketball).

Other than that, longtime fan of the Minnesota Twins, Washington Redskins, Iowa Hawkeyes (My School) and the Arkansas Razorbacks. I got a soft spot for the Chicago Cubs too. (I could be in trouble with some forum members for that admission)