The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 01:44 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Watch your accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsell View Post
A few months ago someone was phishing with my Amazon account but I caught it before they could make any purchases. They were able to download a free demo but I happened to be on my email account when the notification came through. Amazon blocked the account for me before they could purchase anything.

In October just before leaving on a trip my wife checked her credit card statement and found out 5 days prior someone had made 10,000 dollars in purchases at two different app stores. The cc company took care of it right away but I'm still a little upset that they didn't flag it to begin with. I made a $40 dollar gas purchase in another state and they called me before my tank was full.
Yeah, Amazon said that they have deactivated the unknown account so no more purchases can be made, only problem is they haven't heard back from the 3rd party seller if he has canceled the order on not yet.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:51 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Make sure you tell the Credit card company that you dispute the charge, and it is not yours... they have good fraud divisions - that'll protect you as well
Old 12-10-2013, 03:42 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

There are always someone trying to Rip someone else Off as Fred mentioned The Credit Card Companies & The Police are into This Stuff Big Time all around The World.
The easiest way is not to let anyone Handle any Credit Cards do it yourself.
Brian.
craigthor likes this.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:36 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

It was Target I shopped there on 12/06/13...
Old 12-20-2013, 01:00 PM

plecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really nice

I'd change cards instantly if not sooner.

The Target hackers look like a seriously professional group.

I'd want nothing to do with that group if there was any way I could avoid it.
craigthor likes this.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecain View Post
I'd change cards instantly if not sooner.

The Target hackers look like a seriously professional group.

I'd want nothing to do with that group if there was any way I could avoid it.
Already done..
Old 12-20-2013, 01:48 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

That's just a bugger! Ive had mine frauded once and so has my wife. Our card companies can actually be a little annoying with their fraud criteria. If we buy 2 major electronic items in one day, they lock down our card. Its happened twice this year. No text, no call, just shut it down. Some communication would be nice.
It just sucks that we have to be so protective of everything now. I use my free hand to hood the machine when I punch in my pin at the store. And I'm looking over my shoulder like some paranoid creep.
craigthor likes this.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:13 PM

plecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
I use my free hand to hood the machine when I punch in my pin at the store. And I'm looking over my shoulder like some paranoid creep.
That wouldn't have helped in the Target case.

They managed to hack the point-of-sale terminals themselves.
craigthor likes this.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:51 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecain View Post
That wouldn't have helped in the Target case.

They managed to hack the point-of-sale terminals themselves.
I know, I was just making a point about the paranoia these crooks have got us living with.