The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 08:54 PM

torr8966 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Moving to Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_newb View Post

Just my 2 cents...but when asking for local help on an Internet forum I probably wouldn't insult or make jokes about what is most likely a sensitive subject for the people who live there.
This ^^^^^^

Not cool!!! For someone who has been through Columbine, Aurora and the school shooting last week!! Go ahead and pick another state!!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:12 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_newb View Post
I'm moving to Colorado in a month. We chose to live in the burbs west of town for easy access to the mountains.

Just my 2 cents...but when asking for local help on an Internet forum I probably wouldn't insult or make jokes about what is most likely a sensitive subject for the people who live there.
I edited my post as that part was more towards the fella telling me I need to stock up on extended clips

My apologies.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by torr8966 View Post
This ^^^^^^

Not cool!!! For someone who has been through Columbine, Aurora and the school shooting last week!! Go ahead and pick another state!!
Wait so you're promoting larger clips while condemning me for gun violence scenarios? Pick another planet. Or move to Chicago... Pretty sure they just leave'em on the corner these days for pick up since they don't have enough ink to write a story about every killing... If anything be mad at your own state/county/local pd/newspaper for glorifying these horrendous acts by allowing them to talk about it 24/7
Old 12-16-2013, 09:14 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Even if she had to start elsewhere to get experience there are many great units around the hospital. A lot educational opportunities on campus as well with all the grad med education schools and programs within the hospital itself. The ICUs are top notch.

Probably best to refocus on the original question, the debate won't go anywhere good.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:15 PM

torr8966 is on a distinguished road

No comment.......good luck sir!! The fishing and state are great!

The end.....
Old 12-16-2013, 09:20 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Even if she had to start elsewhere to get experience there are many great units around the hospital. A lot educational opportunities on campus as well with all the grad med education schools and programs within the hospital itself. The ICUs are top notch. UCH accepted many of those shot in the theater. The way the hospital mobilized that night was amazing.
And that's what I've told her... You just gotta get your foot in the door and in time you'll be where you wanna be...

So does UCH or any other hospitals out that way pay for relocation at all? I'm guessing you work at UCH?

I can imagine that the Aurora shooting had all the staff on their top notch performance... Our local hospital would be f'ed in the A if that happened here... I've waited hours to get into the ER when it's been slow... Place reminds me of Hell's Pass on South Park
Old 12-17-2013, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I lived in CO. Springs, several hospitals there, Penrose comes to mind first. When I lived there I seldom drove my truck because the bike trails go everywhere I wanted to go. The Springs have a little of everything and over in Manitou there are plenty of Hippies and New Ager's so you may enjoy it. I liked it because it was in the center so to say. The bike trails were great, I believe they go all the way up past Castel Rock now so you can darn near ride to Denver. I took a trip to Pueblo on my old Fuji while there and camped along the Arkansas River. Pretty cool........

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-17-2013, 08:16 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I will echo the Boulder comment....sounds about exactly what she wants/needs. Its not that far from Denver, maybe 2 hours IIRC.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 12-17-2013, 08:55 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

If I was moving to Colorado, I would go to the Southeast. I love it there. Maybe it is just because I have taken so many family trips there and my mom grew up in Montrose. It is always fun for me to fish the water my Grandpa fished years ago. He taught me to fish over fifty years ago.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Come to Santa Cruz, Ca...if the gf like liberals, she'll be in heaven. You can drive five hours to fish crowded waters for stocked trout and she can koombaya with the best of them. Heck, you can take in some of the thousands of homeless that beg downtown to anchor her liberal views and when all of the water in the state is used on pistachios for export to China she can help pay for the desal plants.

Move to Mt and let her read liberal books

Edit....sorry....I've had it with the left coast a little and took it out on your gf...hope you do well on your move.
No one should be subjected to this kind of rant for simply mentioning what they are looking for in a community. You may be correct in a lot of what you are saying but this seems like a personal attack.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:23 AM

Thanks for all the info guys... CS is kind of not an option... I have an ex that lives there that I'd rather never ever have to see again... And this world is small enough to run into her if I lived there...

And I've done some research on northeast part of the state... And seems like there's too many Mikel types that way... Overflow from Wyoming probably... What little overflow there may be from a state with 400k population...

Sorry for the shooting related stuff yesterday... I have a sharp tongue and with having 5 teeth pulled yesterday and being hopped up on an assortment of opiates from surgery and post care... That sharpens the blade a bit and removes whatever remaining filters I have... I understand it's a tough subject and I apologize
Old 12-17-2013, 10:39 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

stepped in doodoo.

Last edited by mridenour; 12-17-2013 at 11:04 AM.