The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 10:41 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
Seriously? Is there really a need to slam an entire state and the residents of an area? This thread should be closed.
Um... Huh? I didn't slam a whole state...
Old 12-17-2013, 11:18 AM

arreflections is on a distinguished road

Did you consider Oregon? Sounds like a good fit regarding food, fishing... Don't know about nursing but I am sure they have hospitals too.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:49 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Oregon seems nice. Just not ready to go that far west yet. There's other areas we'd like to check out... Still plenty of life in us... So Colorado is our opening to the west. Who knows where we end up after that.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:32 PM

zeolite will become famous soon enough

Wyoming is not a bad place you know. It was our first landing in the USA and Casper has been pretty good to us. Of course it didn't hurt that there is the best trout fishing in the country nearby!
I work with plenty of people who live in NE Colorado and apart from some dodgy areas in Denver and poor parking in the city centre of Denver all of them would recommend it.
mcnerney and mridenour like this.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:58 AM

flyfishmich is on a distinguished road

My wife and I love the Ft Collins area. Probably fit your needs. Nice downtown coffee shops quaint restaurants great beer at New Belgium brewery and I'm sure there's a hospital there too. Home of CSU and tons of folks biking around commuting to work etc.

If we were to leave Michigan we would be headed there.