The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 11:32 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default FLy boxes and photography - two projects I recently backed

I posted about both these on my blog, but i dont get a lot of traffic via the signature links from here so i thought i'd post about them.

1 is a fly box the other is a light tent for photography which particularly appealed to me since i use a my smart phone camera for all photography.

Anyways. Here are the links for those who might be interested (Both are on kickstarter)

FLY BOX

LIGHT TENT

About kickstarter

Its a fund sourcing site for interesting product. You select a pledge level your interested in , for the fly box, its $12 to get one box (THere are other higher level pledges). IF the project doesnt reach it funding minimum by the end of the funding period, then you dont pay. If it reaches its funding minimum, then you pay the amount you pledged at the end of the funding period, which for the fly box, is mid Jan 2014. Once the product is manufactured, it is shipped to the backers. For the fly box, this will be july.

The Light box has reached its funding minimum and so will be funded - it is currently in preproduction and will be shipped in FEB 2014 i believe.
williamhj likes this.

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 12-17-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:04 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: FLy boxes and photography - two projects I recently backed

Sounds cool, I threw in 12$. Excited to see the finished project.

Ryan
Old 12-17-2013, 01:21 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Why can't I think of something like those!
Old 12-17-2013, 01:23 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

the light tent is awesome!

not sure i'd donate money for someone else to make $$$ on it but i wouldnt hesitate to buy one when/if they hit the market
Old 12-17-2013, 01:33 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist_palm View Post
the light tent is awesome!

not sure i'd donate money for someone else to make $$$ on it but i wouldnt hesitate to buy one when/if they hit the market

The 12$ I put in includes that I'll get one of the boxes

Ryan
Old 12-17-2013, 01:35 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by repperson29 View Post
The 12$ I put in includes that I'll get one of the boxes

Ryan
how so, and when

did it say how much you need to donate to own one of these?
Old 12-17-2013, 01:38 PM

12$ for the fly box, said it would be ready around July which is ok by me.

Ryan
Old 12-17-2013, 01:44 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

About kickstarter

Its a fund sourcing site for interesting product. You select a pledge level your interested in , for the fly box, its $12 to get one box (THere are other higher level pledges). IF the project doesnt reach it funding minimum by the end of the funding period, then you dont pay. If it reaches its funding minimum, then you pay the amount you pledged at the end of the funding period, which for the fly box, is mid Jan 2014. Once the product is manufactured, it is shipped to the backers. For the fly box, this will be july.

The Light box has reached its funding minimum and so will be funded - it is currently in preproduction and will be shipped in FEB 2014 i believe.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-17-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
About kickstarter

i think i failed to understand this website upon first glance but thanks for the explanation
Old 01-07-2014, 06:55 PM

Default FLy boxes and photography - two projects I recently backed

Just an update, it appears as if they're trying to have these made in the USA, if that kind if stuff is important to you (it is to me) think about tossing them a few bucks.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...project_update

They also did hit their original quota, meaning, if you do donate 12$ or more you WILL get their flybox.

Ryan
s fontinalis likes this.