The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 02:11 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Follow up reading question

Breaking my tradition of poaching other folks threads, thought I'd post a follow up about what people are reading...

My wife reads every book, one at a time til finished...even ones she doesn't enjoy...

On the other hand, I usually have 2 to 3 going at any time and if a book can't grab me in 60 pages I toss it...drives her nuts when I just put one down

So, do you read more than 1 at a time? Do you chuck em if you lose interest, or gut it out to the end?

- m
Old 12-24-2013, 02:44 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Follow up reading question

If I have free time I will read 2 or 3 at a time. One morning, one afternoon and one at night. If I am not interested in the first 2 or 3 chapters, I to will toss the book to the Goodwill box. I do read less now that I make my living on a computer.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:47 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

More than one at a time . Especially the fishing ones!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-24-2013, 05:12 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Nah I finish a book before a start a new one. There have been a few of my favorite books that I wasn't interested in 150 in, but then it got really good.

Ryan
Old 12-24-2013, 05:22 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

If it's a Good Book even though I don't read a lot these days I'll read it until I finish it however if there's nothing to interest me I'll "Chuck It" as I've found some to be real Garbage..
Brian
Old 12-24-2013, 05:30 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a contrarian... I judge 'em by the cover. milt
Old 12-24-2013, 05:36 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
Front or back?
Old 12-24-2013, 05:50 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
I did that back in the early '80s...I saw a book that looked like a camel cigarette pack only with a woodpecker instead of a camel. And the woodpecker had a stick of dynamite in its feet. The book was called 'Still Life With Woodpecker' by Tom Robbins. To this day I love that bizarre book, and most of his other books, too.

Usually I finish a book before starting the next, but this past year I've been reading 'Moby Dick' a chapter or two at a time. I've read several others during this past year, but I am determined to finish 'Moby Dick' by Spring.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I normally will read a book to the end before starting another, with the exception that if I find that I'm not interested in it, I chuck it rather than waste time with further reading.

Larry

Old 12-24-2013, 09:54 PM

dwtalso will become famous soon enoughdwtalso will become famous soon enough

For work I'll have more than one book going but for pleasure I'm a serial reader. And I will try very hard to finish a book but I have given up on a couple over the years.