The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 12:01 PM

flyfishnbum is on a distinguished road
Default My New Fishing/Hunting Partner

Well as an early Christmas presant to myself, I was finally able to get myself a four-legged fishing/hunting partner. I have been looking for just the right pup for along time and finally the timing was just right for me to get my dream pup.

He is a 10 week old chocolate lab, and has been a very good, smart pup. He is already going outside on his own(still has an accident once in awhile) and is showing some great retrieving instincts. I have to admit it was a bit of an adjustment for me but I sure cant wait until he can go fishing and hunting with me. I stuck with a fishing name and called him Brodin.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My New Fishing/Hunting Partner

Pretty cool, congrats!

Larry

Old 12-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely dog you got
Old 12-30-2013, 12:56 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Nice picture on the retrieve looks like a good pup

Ryan
Old 12-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

You cannot go wrong with a chocolate Lab. I had one for 14 years, best dog I ever knew. She came from a line of up-land bird dogs in Montana.

Funny story. Early in my dog owning years, I once read about teaching a bird dog puppy to learn to point by using a quail wing on the end of some fly line & rod. Basically you would make the pup chase the wing until it got so tired that the pup would move slow (point) and you would then make a big deal about how well she did. This tactic worked great for teaching a young pup to point.... Not so good for bringing the same pup to the river with a fly rod. I spent much of my first fly fishing trips with this upland bird dog chasing my fly..... Not good for the fishing or the dog. In the end she was just as good on point as she was drifting my favorite rivers. Great family pet as well. Congrats on your new addition.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 12-30-2013, 02:15 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Great lookin pup! That last pic is the very definition of the word "crashed"
Old 12-30-2013, 02:26 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Good looking dog.........my black lab "Sadey", has been a constant companion for 8 of her 11 years now......she is one of my best friends.......when you "rescue" a dog from the local shelter, you sometimes wonder just "who rescues who??!!!"

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 12-30-2013, 03:01 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

That's a great looking little buddy. Chocolate labs are wonderful dogs, though I've never had one. One of my co-workers found one day that she was drafted to care for her brother's new chocolate lab pup a few years ago. Seemed he got the dog, but couldn't keep it where he lived, or some such thing.

Fast forward, after raising that pup it became hers permanently and she can't imagine life without Moose.
yonder likes this.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:21 PM

flyfishnbum is on a distinguished road

When he falls asleep he kinda just crashes and he will sleep for along time. I have only had himm for two weeks now, but I can tell that Iam gettting attached to him. I think he's gonna be a great dog.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:55 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful puppy!! Enjoy him!!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser