The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 06:29 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all
Default Re: What's your wallpaper?

Click the image to open in full size.

Thinking about changing it to this:

bigjim5589, mcnerney and jpbfly like this.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark
Old 01-06-2014, 06:52 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Taken in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania with my cell phone this past November.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:35 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Sometimes this one

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Great thread JP, that is one wild looking river, I love it.

Buddha, did you shoot that pic and if so where is that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2014, 08:40 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

I wish I did

Smokies, my moving inspiration at work. Chicago is tiresome
bigjim5589 likes this.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:58 AM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
This photo is great. It should be titled "Victory!"
dean_mt likes this.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:04 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Photo's from two Decades back from trips to Southern France, Northern Italy and bits of Greece. Scroll across the screen and you're instantly back 20 some years. Hill side villages that have been there for 1,000 years with darned little change. Another was a month in New Zealand .... and every bit a tax write off!! Well, did have to pay for the wife's airplane tickets.

Small wineries (some collectives) in Southern France and tasting the wine(s). Like it and they'd sell you a 1 ltr plastic bottle (ten cents US?) and you'd fill it up straight out of the fermentation tank or a barrel. Best part was when I was a University Student getting a Degree in Vineyard Management (ended up building my own, which is what brought me to Southern Oregon) and you had the run of the place.

Thank God 'ex-wife' spoke more than a bit of French ... I couldn't ask 'where's the bathroom.' Magic words were 'Have you folks had lunch?' Winery owner would call a local restaurant (usually small, but great food) and I'd buy for the lot. Long wood tables, bottles of wine, great laughs (many of the folks spoke broken English) and everyone got 'smashed.' Worst that I can remember was the rough equivalent of $50.00 USD.

Fishing pictures, just a few. Bob Jones, a very Sr. Citizen on his last Steelhead trip. Hooked/landed one and died at home the next week. But the photo of him and that bended rod ... priceless for his Son/Daughter. The other is my old (passed) dog Husky who loved to walk up behind you and stick his nose/body between your legs. First of those almost put me face down in the river; from that point forward I expected .. not an 'if, just a when.'

fae

Edit: My Avatar is Husker's giving me a 'smooch.'
Old 01-07-2014, 08:57 AM

jeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of light

Laptop has a simi seal leech.

Desktop has my J20 going through a snow bank in july near engineer pass with the san juan mtns in the background, mineral mtns in the foreground.

Last edited by jeepster II; 01-07-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:56 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

If you know where this is ... you're very close to some of the best trout fishing in this world!

Directions to trout field .... drive till you find this truck, then turn right ...

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Larry ... do you know where this is?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:19 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Old 01-07-2014, 11:34 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Nice bully!