The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 06:36 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light
Default What project are you guys working on now

Not pertaining to fishing necessarily, me, I'm going to build my workbench/fly tying bench tomorrow in my dark dreary and leaky basement. It's going to be a corner bench to avoid all of said leakage.

Ryan
mcnerney and mridenour like this.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What project are you guys working on now

Bad case of cabin fever. Trout streams froze over hard so that's out. Drag car doesn't interest me because season is too far away. Need to open up the woodshop like I normally do in the winter. Or maybe ice fishing? Long time since I've done that. It's not terribly impressive around here but I am tempted.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:51 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

My list:

Fly Fishing:
- 3 rods - 6wt for me, 3wt for my brother, and a 4wt for a friend's son (a surprise gift). Painted two of the blanks and letting them sit for a week before clear coating.
- tie some clousers for a friend in Arkansas who sent me a buck tail from a deer he got last year
- work on musky flies with feathers I bought at the fly fishing show
- keep searching for the musky blank I want to buy.

In the garage
- Chalk board easel for my girls (got a pocket screw jig to play around with)
- bookshelf for my youngest
Old 01-10-2014, 08:29 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

I am working on a 6' bamboo rod....however...
My single daughter just bought a house, so my " honey-do" list just doubled
It comes with the title you earn when raising kids. Dad.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:34 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Ive been seriously considering rebuilding my reef tank. Ive had aquariums most of my life. These last few years have been pretty sad since I tore mine down when I had to move.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:45 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Very nice aquarium Jbird. The blue fish looks hungry He might hit a small nymph.
mridenour and jbird like this.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:04 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Working on building another Paul Young 4wt Bamboo Rod

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 01-10-2014, 11:37 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

Looking for a new job. Need to find a job where fishing is better than here (don't tell my wife).
mridenour likes this.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:00 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by repperson29 View Post
Not pertaining to fishing necessarily, me, I'm going to build my workbench/fly tying bench tomorrow in my dark dreary and leaky basement. It's going to be a corner bench to avoid all of said leakage.

Ryan
I built a corner bench and pretty much finished it last weekend. This weekend I am tying flies for next weekend.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:11 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

hunting till March 1
mridenour likes this.