The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 12:14 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Moving distractions...

Amazing how much is lost to distractions when you have to plan a move, I look at my tying stuff and really can't get motivated to tie at this point. Several weeks of painting and such before we can move into the new place. Will be worth it once we get moved but the fishing opportunities will be different and at least with it being semi winter I won't have to miss too much good fishing weather hopefully.
mcnerney, fredaevans and jbird like this.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:42 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving distractions...

Make it easy on yourself...

Pack that stuff up now so you can focus on the truly important stuff.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Moving sucks, but at least it is winter so you won't be missing a lot of prime fishing. Best of luck with the move.

Larry
craigthor likes this.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:19 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Have to agree, pack up now. Out of sight out of mind Good luck with the move.
craigthor likes this.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:39 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Our fishing water is hard. About as good a time as you could hope for from a fly fishing standpoint.
craigthor likes this.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:24 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Yep it is, and things are starting to fall into place very nicely now hopefully they get our place rented for the first and things will be that much less stressful.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:37 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

I feel for you Craig. We bought a new house in September, needed some serious clean-up, paint, and a new floor. Didn't move in till end of October and now the crappy part of unpacking all the boxes of misc. junk that is not essential but once in awhile you say, "hey babe do you know where the .... is?" I've spent hours in the garage going through boxes, drinking beer in the cold, trying to organize stuff. I did make sure to pack all my tying stuff from materials to my library carefully and I do know where all of it is. I am almost to the point of unpacking it, it's been 3 months since I sat at my vise! That's a long time for me.

So yeah, spend the time to pack well now...easy for me to say! ... so you know where your stuff is when it's time to unpack.

Good luck man, nothing about it is fun, at least not for me. Though I am very happy in our new house.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthor View Post
Yep it is, and things are starting to fall into place very nicely now hopefully they get our place rented for the first and things will be that much less stressful.
Oh man, I didn't even read this part. You are going through exactly what I did! I had to pay two mortgages for three months...the anxiety was getting to me and then my anxiety was getting to my wife, not good! Finally rented it last week. I hope you rent your old place fast as well, best of luck.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:20 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Question Just a thought ....

Save for me, has anyone else noted that the word "move" is a four letter word?
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Just a thought ....

Ahhh 2 days in and things are looking up over there. Almost a total transformation of looks, still lots to do but trying to get the basics covered so we can get moved in than I can tackle all the little projects as I go.

Fred- move needs to go on the naughty word list....
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:46 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Glad to hear that things are smoothing out. How far was the move, and did you find a new "home water" fishing area yet ?
mcnerney likes this.