The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 10:53 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 12 Months of Pictures

I know this will kind of compete with the favorite pictures thread, but I had an idea that I thought might fly for many of us here.

How about a thread where we each post our favorite picture of the month. At the end of the year each who consistently posts would have 12 favorite shots that they could possibly put into a calendar for the next year.

I use Adorama or Mixbook each year to make calendars as gifts for friends and family.

Anyway, just a thought that I hope will take off, it would a least be fun to see each others favorite shots from around the world.

Let's keep it to fly fishing only since this is a fly fishing forum, but shots of the places you like to fish would be okay.

I'll start it off with one from December, since January's not quite to an end and I'm planning a fishing trip tomorrow!

Click the image to open in full size.

Best Fishes!

Kelly.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:44 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 12 Months of Pictures

Interesting idea! This will be my December entry; a fly my father used for Atlantics when he started fishing in the '50s, the "Brown Fairy". I gave this one to him for Christmas in a Tanner presentation case.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:59 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Okay January photo for meClick the image to open in full size.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:40 PM

rocketbomb is a jewel in the roughrocketbomb is a jewel in the roughrocketbomb is a jewel in the rough

I am going to cheat and use one from last August to get my start in this thread... have not had any opportunity to fish for a while with all this hard stuff covering the water.

mcnerney, r reese, madjoni and 1 others like this.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Kelly,

Not much going on yet for the new year so I'll start with December 22nd 2013.

5 different style of salmon / steelhead fly in the Thunder & Lightening pattern scheme.

Ard
mcnerney, r reese, madjoni and 3 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-17-2014, 10:45 AM

weatherwar is on a distinguished road

Spring break for me last year. Backpacking through the Ozarks mountains. We didn't find any fish on the trails but we did have a great time. This is how my college friends and I "party."

This year I'm hoping to make it down to Gila National Forest for a shot at some wild Gila trout.
mcnerney, madjoni and kglissmeyer1 like this.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:52 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet pics all. Keep 'em coming.

Kelly.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly: Did you make it out fishing this week? I was planning on going today, but woke up feeling not so good so decided to stay home. I'm holding off posting a photo until I make it out on the water or maybe find a good pattern I'm tying up.

Larry

Old 01-17-2014, 12:37 PM

Yes, I did get out, but no good photos. It was disgustingly and painfully cold. Luckily the wind subsided for the 2-1/2 hours I was in the water so it was bearable. I landed five good trout - 2 bows and three browns, along with two whitefish. Every fish ate a KG's South Fork Mysis pattern and they all had shoulders. What was amazing was the aerial display put on by the browns - I did say browns. First time ever on the South Fork of the Snake River where I had brown trout jumping. My son and one of his friends also had browns that jumped. The only other place I've seen this is on Montana's Bighorn River where the browns are real acrobats.

So, since I don't expect to get out again this month I am posting one from a couple of weeks ago when I fished the lower Henry's Fork.

Kelly.
mcnerney, madjoni, cochise and 2 others like this.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:11 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

January fish caught with a fly rod:

Brown Trout:

Tiger Musky:

Rock Bass: