The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 02:06 PM

labradorguy has a spectacular aura aboutlabradorguy has a spectacular aura aboutlabradorguy has a spectacular aura about
Default You just won a trip, where are you going?

I'm looking out the window and all I see is ice and snow... Ugh. Enough already.

I'm so bored from being cooped up that I believe my head is going to explode. I can't buy any more stuff because my fishing budget for all of 2014 has been spent already and I never got into tying flies so I can't kill time doing that. The boys and I are about finished with our Pinewood Derby cars. If we spend any more time shaping and polishing, we're going to get DQ'ed. I've even done my taxes already. I've basically run out of things to do till some ice melts around here....

Let's play a game.... Let's imagine that we just won a fishing trip to anywhere in the world. Besides clothing, your ticket lets you pack three things. Where are you going and what are you taking???
dean_mt likes this.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:20 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all
Default Re: You just won a trip, where are you going?

Anywhere?? Oh, man .....
Waiting till it warms up just a wee bit....
Southeast corner of Wyoming.
1. 6' fiberglass rod
2. furled leader
3. small smooth bodied caddis

Let the dreams begin!
labradorguy likes this.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:43 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Jurassic Lake!

Camera, a big rod and a reel with a great drag system.

(I'd be happy going back to Cody, WY though.)
mcnerney and labradorguy like this.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:28 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Would pack my wife and two girls and take them to a warm beach somewhere...Then buy myself a ticket and go fly fishing until time to take the girls home.

Dave
mcnerney, dean_mt, jimp and 1 others like this.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:48 PM

labradorguy has a spectacular aura aboutlabradorguy has a spectacular aura aboutlabradorguy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Would pack my wife and two girls and take them to a warm beach somewhere...Then buy myself a ticket and go fly fishing until time to take the girls home.

Dave

You get extra points for being a great Dad!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:49 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by labradorguy View Post
You get extra points for being a great Dad!
"123" gets 'extra points' as do you. One winter and I'd just really had enough and packed wife and two kids in the Buick Station Wagon and headed south to Disney Land. Even stayed at the Disney Land hotel and don't think I even started the car for the next two weeks.

Son and Daughter got little lapel type pins to ware; they 'wanted' something and it was provided. Final bill curled my toes but two shiny faces; worth every fuxking penny. Only one place like that in the world (then) up in the San Juan Islands.

'Mr and Mrs. Evans, good to see you again.'

'Master Gregory and Miss Julie I assume you will want your usual rooms?'

(I just rolled my eyes and knew there was going to be a hell of a balance on my credit card.)

You could hear the SCREAMS OF ANGUISH when the fellow got them backwards. Just once.

Right rooms, just backwards as which was whose......

I sat the two of them down and read them 'The Riot Act' and marched them up to the front desk to apologize. Hotel Manager and I got really drunk a couple of nights later.

fae
mcnerney and labradorguy like this.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Final bill curled my toes but two shiny faces; worth every fuxking penny. ....
This is SO funny. I know that feeling. I took my boys to Disney World and Sea World when they were four. We didn't stay on the grounds, but still when it was all said and done, the bill was insane. At Sea World we did the upgraded deal where we had a tour guide and went backstage with the whales to have lunch. That was COOL. You're having lunch right next to the whale tank with the table against a glass that comes up about four feet to the top of the tank water. I was eating a sandwich and saw movement out the corner of my eye and the next thing I know an Orca is five feet from me watching me eat... lol. I spent a week carrying them both of them around since they refused to ride in the stroller I rented and we had a blast. When it was all over and we arrived back at grandma's, I believe I slept for three days...

I asked them the other day about it and they don't even remember going.... Ugh. Lesson learned. Do it when they are 7, not 4. lol.
mcnerney, fredaevans and jimp like this.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:09 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of

Easy.
When I went to work this morning, the wind chill was 37 degrees BELOW zero.
I' d be going to Belize. Fly rod, chest pack, and a smile !
dean_mt and labradorguy like this.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:11 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Amazon, 10wt and meat.

Done and done.
dean_mt, siege and labradorguy like this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-06-2014, 08:58 PM

I was going to say that I'd take the boys and head to Belize tarpon fishing, but then I found out that they were messing around with my computer and they changed all the settings on my iPhone, so now I'm irritated...

New plan. Head to Vanuatu for blue marlin.

The three things I would pack:

1. 14wt rod
2. Tibor reel
3. Kate Upton
stl_geoff and dean_mt like this.