The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 09:41 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default A fur coat can make the bear

I'm old hand at the woods,,but I'd squeal like a lil' school girl if this walked up on me ! LOL
Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney, jpbfly and mridenour like this.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:06 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of
Default Re: A fur coat can make the bear

OK, that's a scary image, but it begs the question. Why would anyone shave a bear ?
I mean, really, can you blame him for being a little grumpy ? It's cold out !
Old 02-09-2014, 10:24 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Siege,,my first thought was,,,'he ran into a fly tier !

I have no clue really but I have known vets to shave animals that were severely infected with mange. Mange is terrible and can get all over an animal ,,head to rump. Maybe the DNR or someone captured an 'ragged' bear and had to shave it to treated it,,,who knows

Photoshop ? I dunno,,looks like a real bear to me..but I'm no expert on photography. If you've ever skinned bear,,that is now the skin lays,,it's not super pliable even on the animal.

All I'm certain of,,,as I said,,if i met that thing in the woods,,,it being a bear would never cross my mind. I'd grab my crucifix and start worrying about my soul ! It's demonic looking even
fredaevans and mridenour like this.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:31 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

That is one nasty looking creature ! I'll take mine with hair please!
mridenour and siege like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-10-2014, 08:11 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I think flyguy may be right. Had a dog years back that got that 'shxt' and 'ugly,' until his fur grew back, would be a hell of an understatement.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:19 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

We got the bright idea to shear our Siberian Husky's hair short one particularly hot summer. We never did it again. There was no way to look at the poor animal without laughing. Now we just keep him in the A/C as much as possible in the hot weather. Of course, these days he wants to go outside every three minutes and stay out there until we freeze to death.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:46 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

With the look on that critter's face I just wonder what the guy looks like that gave him the shave and a haircut...

Kelly.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Looks like a case of mange not shaved. had bears here like that with mange last year.
mcnerney likes this.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 02-11-2014, 10:32 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

That is one scary looking creature.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:09 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Really Scary I think a lot of people would have to Change Their Pants if they Ran into anything like This..

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
OK, that's a scary image, but it begs the question. Why would anyone shave a bear ?
I mean, really, can you blame him for being a little grumpy ? It's cold out !
Hi Siege if you can hold him good & Tight I suppose some of us might Shave him however I'd need someone on Hand with a 300 WM....( Just Kidding)
I've also noticed Dogs Cats & other animals which have had their Hair Fall out some from Mange some also in Healthy Looking Animals.
Also A Mate who spent a considerable amount of Time with The Aussie Army in Vietnam also had a condition where his hair used to fall out in Clumps however even though he still has a Medical Condition he's OK & still likes a Beer or Three as well as A Half Bottle of Rum on Special occassions.
Brian