The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 11:00 AM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light
Default We've got enough

I just finished the driveway for the fifth time this weekend, two feet since Friday. I'd much rather snow than rain but we've got enough.

We are hosting the junior world cup biathalon in a week or so and they where worried about snow, not a problem now.

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney and comeonavs like this.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:54 AM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default Re: We've got enough

Just finished blowin snow here too. Definitely have had enough! But 5-6" possible tonight n tomorrow here in SE MN. Just wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone
craigthor likes this.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:25 PM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

We got 16" here in NE NY. I'm with you, I have had enough. I like the snow, I do a lot of hunting and trapping. Snowshoeing but I am ready for spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 02-16-2014, 12:26 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnflyfish View Post
Just finished blowin snow here too. Definitely have had enough! But 5-6" possible tonight n tomorrow here in SE MN. Just wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone
Yep they are predicting freezing rain, sleet and snow tonite and tomorrow. Shoveled a couple inches of powdery stuff yesterday and see the city out plowing all the piles back further making room for a fresh snow.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:35 PM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzarboni View Post
We got 16" here in NE NY. I'm with you, I have had enough. I like the snow, I do a lot of hunting and trapping. Snowshoeing but I am ready for spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We went out snowshoeing yesterday, I stepped off the trail and sunk down to my bellybutton, I'm going to need a longer pair
Old 02-16-2014, 12:47 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

We had an additional 6" last night and you can't even tell the difference from what we already had.
I finally broke out my X-C skis and I'm going to make the best of it while it's there.

Once it's starts to be fun.... the snow will all go away. Guaranteed !
fredaevans and bear 007 like this.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I thought we had a lot of snow, but you guys have us beat by a mile!
I've been feeding a friends horses this week, with the deep snow he uses draft horses, but I have been using his old Yamaha Bravo long track snow machine, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't handle that kind of snow.

Larry

Old 02-16-2014, 02:35 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Saw on the news this morning that Colorado's snowpack is over 100% on average. Some areas are still a bit under 100% but still good news overall, especially when it is in the mid 60's in Denver
Old 02-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Funny thing, we would love to have it. All winter activities have been seriously impacted by a warm period that lasted 4 weeks. The snow melted in many areas by 50% or more and the rivers ran with 18" of overflow water from the melt and rains. Both the Iditarod and the Iron Dog Snow Machine race are in limbo. Some areas are bare ground and the rivers are a glare ice with no snow cover.

I leave Monday morning for the cabin hauling 110 gallons of fuel and Boss. I'll be taking an overland trail for the first time to avoid the river ice. This will be something different because it adds another 17 miles to an already long 74 mile haul. I'll take some photos and post when I come home.

A couple feet of snow wouldn't hurt us here

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-16-2014, 04:17 PM

nickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of light

I'm ok with plenty of snow. One of the factors that led to our leaving Colorado last fall was the wildfires. Low snow pack, little rain, we had our cars packed twice, waiting for the evacuation call from the sheriff. The last one came within 5 miles. I'm ready for spring as well, but I'm looking forward to a green, healthy environment as well.