The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By repperson29

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 08:56 PM

fishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the rough
Default Not a Great Month so far

As some have noticed and sent me pm's, I have been absent.

I was laid off work last week, then right after that a current back issue really flared up and it turns out I may have a herniated disc or worse. I went for xrays but now I have to go for a CAT scan to see how bad it is.
I have just not had the drive to do anything right now. Benefits were cancelled when I was laid off so that made things worse. I know their are people worse off but I figured id explain why I have not been posting. I go for the CAT scan monday and find out what is up not long after. Hopefully its nothing that requires surgery. We are really hoping I did not wait to long to see the doctor.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:03 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not a Great Month so far

Sounds like a bad string of luck, I sure hope the CAT scan results offer some good news, best of luck and hang in there!

Larry

Old 03-14-2014, 11:15 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear all that. Hope it goes well with the scan. Hard when the financial is piled on top of the health worries.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:43 PM

jr2525 is on a distinguished road

So sorry to hear about your run of bad luck fishtooth. This economy is sure in the crapper and doesn't look to be getting any better. God speed to get your health and job situation back in order.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:30 PM

fishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the rough

Well, got the results from the doctor today. Its confirmed I have 2 herniated disks crushing nerves including my sciatic nerve. The list for surgery is backed up so im looking at waiting a year to get in unless my back gets worse.

this better not mess with my fishing season
Old 03-23-2014, 01:19 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Feel your pain, I just went through two back surgeries in the past eight months for a herniated disc and lost my job because of it.

My only advice is ask for a myleogram, it's like a catscan on steroids and they inject dye into the nerves around your spine to see if there are any fragments of disc or what have you hitting other nerves. I had to have a second surgery because the surgeon missed some fragments that were still causing me terrible pain.

Hope it all works out better for you, things tend to hit rock bottom and then seemingly get better, keep your head up.

Ryan
mcnerney and littledavid123 like this.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:02 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Even though you were laid off you should still be able to apply for COBRA insurance. Law says you can use cobra for 18 months, and it's simply you paying the insurance that your company was paying.

Dave
Old 03-24-2014, 06:28 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

Best wishes go out to you. Cobra can be expensive but it may be worth it if you have to have any surgery for your back. Keep up informed of any progress.