The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By mcallagan
  • 2 Post By siege
  • 7 Post By JoJer
  • 1 Post By repperson29
  • 1 Post By dhayden

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 09:16 PM

mcallagan is on a distinguished road
Default Secure your garage door!

Now that this is on the net more low-lifes will try it!!!

Look at both sites.

Crooks opening garage doors.
There are two links the first is how they are doing it. The second is how to prevent this from happening to you. icular skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDw8DOblGB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSO_HTBHLFI

Stay safe!
fyshstykr and mcnerney like this.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:02 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: Secure your garage door!

Good info, thanks for sharing. Mine's a little tougher, because there's no window. Sometimes, nosy neighbors are a blessing, too !
fyshstykr and mcnerney like this.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:54 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Here's another way: Stack **** to the rafters and the door won't open! My wifes family has been helping me secure my garage this way for 30 years.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 03-28-2014, 09:22 PM

jr2525 is on a distinguished road

Zip tied mine this morning after watching your video. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:14 AM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
Here's another way: Stack **** to the rafters and the door won't open! My wifes family has been helping me secure my garage this way for 30 years.
LOL, Half full or half empty. We all have a choice of how we view things....Sounds like you chose overfilled.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:14 AM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

We just bought a house that has a garage attached to the house, thanks for this video and for bringing it to our attention. I'm pretty paranoid about intruders (thanks Iraq) so I set up homemade early detection systems but this will certainly help with my anxiety.

Ryan
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting video on how the crooks are breaking into garages. After watching it now I'm getting all these garage door ads on the right side bar, had to click to make them go away!
Looks like the zip tie will need to be installed today.

Larry

Old 04-03-2014, 09:16 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

In one of the videos, another good tip.. cut off the handle - it will make the door harder to open, but stops the coat hanger from just sliding down the pull rope and grabbing the handle to pull
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:42 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtlksmarlin View Post
LOL, Half full or half empty. We all have a choice of how we view things....Sounds like you chose overfilled.

B.E.F.
It's not half full or half empty. Mine's the wrong size...and I have to pay for it.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey