The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 07:42 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: So Like, What's Youre Like Count?

967 recieved
959 given

just about even
grtlksmarlin likes this.

ARFE
Old 04-14-2014, 08:18 AM

lv2nymph is a name known to alllv2nymph is a name known to alllv2nymph is a name known to alllv2nymph is a name known to alllv2nymph is a name known to alllv2nymph is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
lv2nymph,

Thank you for the kind words about our late daughters. Lauren was 22 when a drunk slammed into her car in 2007, killing her instantly. Our youngest, Laramie, endured a two-year battle with leukemia before she was taken from us. She was only 15...

And, while I've come to terms with their losses-- as much as any father can --I take great solace in the fact that my girls all fly-fished, with three of them tying their own. The sport and their participation in it made for some great memories that have sustained Dear Old Dad over many of the years I've spent battling brain cancer. Come the end of May, I will have 17 years of survival under my belt, and three brain tumors beaten back over that time span. And, daughter Jesse and I will celebrate it with a day on the river...

And, Mr. Ridenour? Consider yourself officially "liked" in this household, with a "rod slot" reserved on my stretch of the river whenever you're in the neighborhood.

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
You Jerry are one tough cookie! I pray you (and your family)have now earned your keep in life, and the rest will only bring joy and happiness. I think you've more than earned it.
Jack
Old 04-14-2014, 09:39 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2nymph View Post
You Jerry are one tough cookie! I pray you (and your family)have now earned your keep in life, and the rest will only bring joy and happiness. I think you've more than earned it.
Jack
Read both, the first and the above. I can be one tough old SOB, but I had to get up and take a 'walk-away' and collect myself. Some times you read things that 'just kick you in the gut.' Loss of a child is one.

Frederick A. Evans
Old 04-14-2014, 12:14 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

My Friends, Both Near and Far, Old and New...

If I'm anything remotely resembling "tough," it's part and parcel of how I was "raised"-- first by my grandparents on their farm, and then by a houseful of females. My late grandparents gave me the "life tools" that had stood me well, and the girls? Well, let's just say that I've never felt like I was less than a man/father, just because I had four daughters and no sons. One and all, their lives are/were the epitome of strength, courage and grace under pressure...

And, I'd be remiss if I didn't credit the groups that have gone by the moniker of "my kids" over the last 15 years. "My kids" and their battles/survivals/deaths in the face of their own cancers have shown me what real bravery truly is, and how best to face adversity. While they've looked to "Pops"-- my nickname over the years --as their teacher, it's been me who's learned so very much from being around them.

Wisdom and strength can and does live within the heart and soul of a child...
Old 04-14-2014, 12:41 PM

repperson29 is a name known to allrepperson29 is a name known to allrepperson29 is a name known to allrepperson29 is a name known to allrepperson29 is a name known to allrepperson29 is a name known to all

Well I have 89 received and 60 given, to be honest I almost always forget that it's a "thing" to like posts but when I do remember I usually throw them out. Might have to try to remember more as this is the best forum for anything I've seen to date and have enjoyed my stay here.

Ryan
mridenour and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by repperson29 View Post
it's a "thing" to like posts
Remember, you don't have to do it especially if you don't agree with the post. The Like thing was added about 2 years ago I believe, prior to that we gave Rep on posts. That is what all those green squares are about on peoples posts, more squares = more rep.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-14-2014, 01:16 PM

repperson29 is a name known to allrepperson29 is a name known to allrepperson29 is a name known to allrepperson29 is a name known to allrepperson29 is a name known to allrepperson29 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Remember, you don't have to do it especially if you don't agree with the post. The Like thing was added about 2 years ago I believe, prior to that we gave Rep on posts. That is what all those green squares are about on peoples posts, more squares = more rep.

Ard

Oh I know, I've probably glossed over lots of posts that I enjoyed without hitting the like button as that's just not my first thought when I read something

Ryan
Old 04-14-2014, 01:27 PM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold

247 Received
360 Given

I love a lot of posts! I just did not realize that others liked mine.
Hardyreels and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:34 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

1110 given
783 received

I still give rep points and think of them as bonus points for a well written article or as a Thank You for a cumulation of helping other forum members,

Dave

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
Received: 910
Given: 2759

I give 3 times more than I get. I'm not sure if that says a good thing or a bad thing about me.

Let's face it, you and I are a couple of rotten tomaters...

Dave
Old 04-14-2014, 02:22 PM
mridenour

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
1110 given
783 received

I still give rep points and think of them as bonus points for a well written article or as a Thank You for a cumulation of helping other forum members,

Dave

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Let's face it, you and I are a couple of rotten tomaters...

Dave
LOL! At least I'm not in this alone!