The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default So Like, What's Youre Like Count?

Of course you know we have statistics here. We have reputation, we have post counts, we have experience points, and by God we have 'Likes' too!

Are you Liking people? Are people Liking you?

Today is Sunday April 13 at 7:40 PM as I write and my current Like statistic is:

Likes received = 5020
Likes given = 5084

So I'm staying ahead of you guys by giving more than I get but it's tough.

If you have a filled profile people can get a feel for who you are and where you are at in this life we have so fill your profile with a little about yourself too

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-13-2014, 11:26 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: So Like, What's Youre Like Count?

Well Ard, I just had a look see and though nowhere near your count my percentage is up there!

Received = 1022
Given = 1113

Old 04-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

You just gained one buddy I'll go check your profile then rep you for being a good guy.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:12 AM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

I've been enjoying the forum now for almost 11 months. I have received 939 likes, and given 705.
Thanks for the reminder, there is so much to like here !
It does make it easier to get to know our fellow members when they have a profile, and easier to answer their questions if you know a little about them.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:28 AM
Administrator

And a good profile you made too, I'm going to rep every filled profile and your up

Old 04-14-2014, 05:15 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Ard,

I hope that you don't mind, but I took a sort of "20 degrees left or right of center" two-prong approach in building my "profile." It began with the long-running thread/novella known as "I Met Myself Last Night," an honest look at yours truly through the eyes of a late friend who was among the last of his ilk. He often called it as he saw it, and to read the details of my life through the honest writing of another has been enlightening.

Sure... along the way, I added my own "two cents" worth about who I am-- a nimrod who likes all things "old"-- traditions, fly rods, cabins, et al --to a nearly 17-year cancer survivor of three brain tumors and a five-year bout with blindness, caused by tumor #2.

And, if one sticks with reading the above thread in this Lodge Den, he or she will learn that I once was the father of four lovely daughters, two of whom have pre-deceased me-- one at the hands of a drunk driver, and the youngest at 15 after her battle with leukemia. Their losses are something that I carry each day, but the memories of our time together are what helps to sustain me.

Beyond that, I've let the selling of the odd hook collection or fly box do my talking. I always try to give more than is expected-- my own motto of "seek to exceed where others may only succeed." I've long loved "surprises" in a package, and whenever possible, I try to include one with every box that leaves this house.

I like to think that I've offered up more details about who and what I am in my posts than I ever could have fit in my profile. One thing that I will be doing more in the months ahead? Leaving a trail of "Likes" as well. I've been a little slow on the uptake with that one...

Be well, Ard, and thanks to you, Larry, John and the guys for a great forum in which to hang out...

Jerry Warrington, aka hairwing530
Old 04-14-2014, 05:27 AM

lv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nice

given: 60
received: 77
Hair, my deepest sympathies for the loss of your daughters.
This place has everything, lovin it...
Old 04-14-2014, 07:09 AM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

given - 248

received - 222

lv2n, your right, everything you ever wanted in a fly fishing forum is right here
Old 04-14-2014, 07:09 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Received: 910
Given: 2759

I give 3 times more than I get. I'm not sure if that says a good thing or a bad thing about me.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:34 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

lv2nymph,

Thank you for the kind words about our late daughters. Lauren was 22 when a drunk slammed into her car in 2007, killing her instantly. Our youngest, Laramie, endured a two-year battle with leukemia before she was taken from us. She was only 15...

And, while I've come to terms with their losses-- as much as any father can --I take great solace in the fact that my girls all fly-fished, with three of them tying their own. The sport and their participation in it made for some great memories that have sustained Dear Old Dad over many of the years I've spent battling brain cancer. Come the end of May, I will have 17 years of survival under my belt, and three brain tumors beaten back over that time span. And, daughter Jesse and I will celebrate it with a day on the river...

And, Mr. Ridenour? Consider yourself officially "liked" in this household, with a "rod slot" reserved on my stretch of the river whenever you're in the neighborhood.

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530