The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree48Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 09:46 AM

Poke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: More Bennett Spring Fun

There's a whole lot of judgment, and not a lot of education on this thread. The guy legally kept a legally caught trout. Now, it may not be in line with the personal preference of a lot of us, but if you don't think that's right, take your frustration out on the MDC who sets the regulations, and use the opportunity to educate the OP.

Maybe he didn't respond because he's trolling, or maybe he didn't respond because we ran him out of town. If you think this thread is going to convince him to change his outlook on keeping fish, you're sorely mistaken.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:52 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

I honestly don't think people were very hard on him at all.

I do agree that MDC needs to change brown trout fishing regs.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2014, 12:27 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke 'Em View Post
There's a whole lot of judgment, and not a lot of education on this thread. The guy legally kept a legally caught trout. Now, it may not be in line with the personal preference of a lot of us, but if you don't think that's right, take your frustration out on the MDC who sets the regulations, and use the opportunity to educate the OP.

Maybe he didn't respond because he's trolling, or maybe he didn't respond because we ran him out of town. If you think this thread is going to convince him to change his outlook on keeping fish, you're sorely mistaken.
There will be a lot of reports NOT written by guys who take stocked fish, based on the warm reception here. I wouldn't kill that brown either, but that's a choice to make, not an imperative.

The guy may be an uneducated slob, or he may be the guy that donated a kidney to a child. We don't know that...he legally killed a fish. String him up?

I've gone on a rant or 2 about folks killing wild fish and outing spots that don't need to be named, so I share both the passion and the poor judgement that goes with caring. Parts of this thread are out of line IMO.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:47 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

Those are the kind of big browns who will hit a mouse pattern at dark? I personally think that all trout should be released?

Even small trout are kinda mushy IMHO! The very best fish for tablefare are bluegills and crappie, a close second!

But ...... he kept it legally! so no problem with me?

I did like the green ZZ style hat, the sunglasses, and the beard! LOL
mcnerney and buddhist_palm like this.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post
Even small trout are kinda mushy IMHO! The very best fish for tablefare are bluegills and crappie, a close second!
I have to agree with Rick, not many trout have passed the taste test with me either. Pan fish are good and so are many of the saltwater species I've caught. Salmon are very good so long that they are either salters or taken soon after returning to a river.
mcnerney and mridenour like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-20-2014, 05:40 PM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light

Got to agree. Hard to beat a mess of panfish on a plate.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:16 PM

802flyfish will become famous soon enough

Some people actually catch fish to put food on the table. As long as he isn't going over his creel limit, I don't see a huge problem.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:49 PM

rott21 is on a distinguished road

I agree 802 flyfish , I would of killed and ate it
Old 04-20-2014, 07:55 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I still want to try a brown. Not too big of one, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2014, 08:02 PM

troutn has a spectacular aura abouttroutn has a spectacular aura about

Brown trout don't taste as good as rainbow trout.