The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree48Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 08:48 PM

stonum is on a distinguished road
Default More Bennett Spring Fun

Bennett Spring Brown Trout - YouTube This Youtube video shows my 2-1/2 LB brown I caught in zone 2 Wednesday.....I had fun catching a few on the flyrod,
then the wind gusted to 30mph, so I switched to a plain spincast rod and reel....I just cast an orange
bobber upstream with the lure about 2 feet deep, and let it float downstream
bjohnson76 and rott21 like this.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:39 PM
mridenour

Default Re: More Bennett Spring Fun

That's a shame you had to kill that Brown when stocker rainbows are so plentiful there. We need to keep the Browns in the stream and not on stringers. I feel a little sick seeing this.
imxer, mcnerney, mysticm and 4 others like this.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:55 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

Edit......

Last edited by waterfordcreek; 04-18-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:57 PM

mtstickbow78 is on a distinguished road

You never know maybe it swallowed the hook and could not be saved. That's the only time I will keep a trout. I just don't like eating them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:59 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtstickbow78 View Post
You never know maybe it swallowed the hook and could not be saved. That's the only time I will keep a trout. I just don't like eating them.

Good point........
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hey there,

I think that in the future you should respect that this is a Fly Fishing forum. Although some members here do take trout to eat, the great many are catch & release fly fishers and will not be pleased to see people harvesting the best fish. Based on the appearance of that big brown trout it is quite possible that you caught it because someone else released it..................

PS, I just watched the whole video and don't really understand the point? It's real close to my removing it because it's possible the poster may be trolling the membership here.
mcnerney, rickf, stenacron and 5 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 04-18-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:32 PM

jgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nice

I know that ALL brown trout are stocked in MO, but what I see actually sickens me. Do you know how long it took that fish to get to that size? Do you even care? Obviously not.

Yeah, I said it. WOW! you caught a nice brown and then towed it around the park on a leash like a trophy? Hope your got your picture on the lunker board. woo hoo!!!... good for you. Please stay in the trout parks.

Bah...
stenacron, mridenour and troutnut4 like this.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:07 PM

I have to admit.

Kind of disturbed about it. Just hits a nerve.

Just watching the uneducated, slob........showing off his stringer...disgusts me.

All while naming location on VIDEO...with his POS Zebco. Yeah, thats something to be proud of bubba.

Respect of the resource is something I hold in high regard. Spend many years volunteering with the FCA and then the CCA in Florida during the net ban campaign. Dealt with the commercial guys slashing my tires at the ramp....key my truck....personal threats....etc....etc.

Sooo, something like this....I normally react as opposed to responding. He just reminds me of one of the old gill netters!
stenacron and troutnut4 like this.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:09 PM

mtstickbow78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
because it's possible the poster may be trolling the membership here.
Sorry I am new here. What dose this mean?

Old 04-18-2014, 08:36 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtstickbow78 View Post
Sorry I am new here. What dose this mean?

Intentionally trying to get a rise

Either way that video was a wow!
mcnerney likes this.
Closed Thread