The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Bennett Springs Thread;

Please let's all take a breath close our eyes and think of our favorite rod & reel....... There is no need to get upset with one another and I sure hope I didn't once again instigate a problem with a post I made.

The whole message of the thread was summed up in the sentence below I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I am not opposed to the harvest of fish in areas where there is a population capable of sustaining harvest. However this is a Fly Fishing Forum and posts should be about fly fishing not spin fishing at a trout park.
Let's not take anything here too personally please. I pretty much made this thread to explain why the original was moved & closed. I provided the pictures of dead fish to demonstrate that I am not a total no kill fisherman. I just didn't want everyone and that includes the guy who made the first 'Bennett Springs Fun' thread to think it was closed because I was opposed to the fact a fish had been killed & eaten.

There is a remote possibility that some people would post things on a fly fishing forum just to get everyone's goat, I think this one worked whether that was the intent or not.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:44 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

stlskyline ... make no assumptions about me. If you have questions of this old woman, ask me. You'll get a straight, non-trolled answer. But, if you don't want to hear the truth .... don't ask.

mridenour ... there are places for a Zebco. Obviously, trout parks are one of them. Sometimes, if you listen more than you talk, you'll learn something.

jgentile ... oh, I know of them! You can PM me, but I sure won't be tellin'!!

to all ... my intent, far from a troll, was, "I would give Mark a pass on this one. Welcome him with nonjudgmental arms. We can educate him to “real” flyfishing as we go along."

I stand by what I said.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:36 AM

stonum is on a distinguished road

I hesitated in posting the "brown trout" video, cause I realized it didn't apply much to flyfishing. But, obviously, I posted it anyway. Then a couple days later , I looked at the thread and saw "0" replies. So I figured you all weren't much interested in it. Then I hadn't visited the forum until now, and discovered that there were all kinds of replies......When I caught the brown, the 1st thing I said to some people fishing nearby was "I'm going to release him", and that's what I intended to do, but human weakness overcame me, so I put the brown in a big cooler full of fresh springwater and took it up to the the park store to weigh it and show it to some people in the park store. Needless to say, it didn't survive.....I much prefer catching em' on the flyrod, but the wind was violent.....I catch and release 10 to as many as 25 or even more trout every time I go to the park.....I keep a few to eat, yes, their not the best tasting fish by a long,long shot, I eat em' cause their good protein and nutrient food for my diet and exercise routine.....Anyway, wow!, what a pretty brown it was as you can see in the videos "still pics"....It had lost it's beautiful golden brown color in the remainder of the video due to my failure to get it back in the stream in time
mcnerney and cochise like this.