The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 04:03 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Let's see your wallet

My fathers partial to the rubberband

Ryan
Old 04-30-2014, 04:55 PM

lv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nice

Rep, not even going to show my wallet. It's in much worse shape than yours, and more stuff. I need to take sieges advise and lighten up, you think that would be easy with todays phones. Old habits die hard I guess.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:56 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

I just cleaned mine out. Had receipts from 2011, along with hunting and fishing licenses from the same year. Expired bank cards, blank check from a bank I don't bank with anymore, and a $100 bill I stashed back in January. Plus a bunch if business cards from the last few years.
It's a trifold and seems to carry everything but cash, aside from the stash.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 04-30-2014, 08:17 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Let's see your wallet

My ex-wife used to ask the same question .... but it dealt with the amount of cash I had on me .....
Old 04-30-2014, 08:25 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
My ex-wife used to ask the same question .... but it dealt with the amount of cash I had on me .....
I feel your pain, Fred. My ex sounded like the Capital One ad......" What's in your wallet ? "
Old 05-01-2014, 12:59 AM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Greg, given your love of all things Abel, you need to get yourself an M-Clip. That's a solid piece of ingenuity on your behalf, much better and cheaper than my cheapie money clip!

It's been on my list for a while, but I just can't seem to part with this one. weird, huh?
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:28 AM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
This is funny...I used to carry a wallet and got tired of how much stuff was in it so I switched and paired it down to the essentials. Everything else stays locked in the glove box.

Click the image to open in full size.

Been carrying that around for about 6 years and haven't found anything better!
HaHa, I use the exact same one and thought I was being original. I got tired of money clips breaking after a couple years from being bent too many times to accommodate varying amounts of cash.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:15 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
It's been on my list for a while, but I just can't seem to part with this one. weird, huh?
Not really it's understandable. I mean it works so well and it's practical.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:39 PM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

A little big but I like it . I have had it ever since I moved to the United States 6 years ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 06-20-2014, 08:06 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post

More recently, I was fortunate enough to receive an Abel Brown Trout M-Clip for my 40th birthday and absolutely love it--one of the best gifts I've ever received. I've since bought one for my father who absolutely loves his. You don't need to get the print on them, but anyone who's considering a new wallet or money clip should have a good hard look at the M-Clips. They're wonderfully made and will last a lifetime I'm sure.
Stupid question Jason

As I turn 41 real soon and my mom loves to buy me the most frivolous things I want but don't need. Thinking one of these M-clips fits that bill real nice.

1) Do you front pocket or back pocket this thing ? My front pocket is always so full of cell phone, car keys, nicotine lozenges etc etc.

2) Would it hold a lot of cards, I have to carry Drivers License, CCW License,Corp Card,Personal Amex,MC plus 3 or 4 bills (I never carry a lot of cash)

Who knows, just dreaming here as I get my kit ready to go fishing tomorrow