The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 08:26 AM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Let's see your wallet

You can tell a lot about a man by seeing his wallet. I've always been fascinated with them but have never been able to buy a true hand crafted wallet that I've always wanted. Well my wallet has seen it's last days and I recently put an order in for one that's hand crafted from bison leather.

So, do you do have a trifold, bifold? Man purse? Money clip? Do you stuff it with everything in the world ala George Costanza? Or is it it nice and slim and sleek?

Obviously let's try to not show our credit card numbers.

Here's my current one;

Click the image to open in full size.

You can sort of see in the first pic, my drivers license slot the bottom ripped out and I actually lost my license because of it one day and that was the tipping point for me.

Ryan
Old 04-30-2014, 08:48 AM

tsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nice
Default Re: Let's see your wallet

I have my heart set on a wallet from Orvis very similar to this but I'm happy with this so farClick the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:54 AM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Jeez, Ryan !! If my chiropractor saw that monster, he would sit you down for a stern lecture. I know, because I've gotten it. Since I switched to a small, front pocket wallet/money clip, I have suffered a lot less back pain.
What do you REALLY need to carry around all day? Licenses, credit or debit card, a little cash ? Lighten up ! You'll feel better for it
Old 04-30-2014, 08:57 AM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
If my chiropractor saw that monster, he would sit you down for a stern lecture. I know, because I've gotten it. Since I switched to a small, front pocket wallet/money clip, I have suffered a lot less back pain.
What do you REALLY need to carry around all day? Licenses, credit or debit card, a little cash ? Lighten up ! You'll feel better for it

Perhaps this is why I've had two back surgeries haha, sure I don't NEED to have all of receipts dating back 2003 and random business cards, or the tag off my first turkey stuffed into my wallet, but where else would I put it?

Ryan
Old 04-30-2014, 09:04 AM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

That's easy, you stuff it in the junk drawer, or get an old shoe box.
mcnerney and littledavid123 like this.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:22 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy wallet Costanza! I used to carry a wallet that looked similar to yours in terms of contents but got tired of the discomfort. No matter how much I tried to scale it down, it always seemed to be too darn thick. I switched to a cheap money clip several years back and could not possibly go back to carrying a wallet in my pocket. Now with smart phones, you can get apps on them that have the store cards embedded in them or keep them in an app, so less of a need to carry all those extra cards. The money clip holds some bills and the essential cards I need to carry without the bulk.

More recently, I was fortunate enough to receive an Abel Brown Trout M-Clip for my 40th birthday and absolutely love it--one of the best gifts I've ever received. I've since bought one for my father who absolutely loves his. You don't need to get the print on them, but anyone who's considering a new wallet or money clip should have a good hard look at the M-Clips. They're wonderfully made and will last a lifetime I'm sure.
littledavid123 and comeonavs like this.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:09 PM

opus is on a distinguished road

Couldnt find one I wanted so I built my own.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:27 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Couldnt find one I wanted so I built my own.

That's just plain cool. Very nice craftsmanship. I envy you guys who are that talented.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:33 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Let's see your wallet

This is funny...I used to carry a wallet and got tired of how much stuff was in it so I switched and paired it down to the essentials. Everything else stays locked in the glove box.

Been carrying that around for about 6 years and haven't found anything better!
Old 04-30-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
This is funny...I used to carry a wallet and got tired of how much stuff was in it so I switched and paired it down to the essentials. Everything else stays locked in the glove box.

Been carrying that around for about 6 years and haven't found anything better!
Greg, given your love of all things Abel, you need to get yourself an M-Clip. That's a solid piece of ingenuity on your behalf, much better and cheaper than my cheapie money clip!