The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By ia_trouter
  • 3 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By JoJer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 09:29 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Question That auto license plate bracket could get you a 'ticket.'

Read this and did a "Say What?"

In Iowa, a license plate frame gets drivers tagged by police | Fox News
Old 05-08-2014, 07:12 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: That auto license plate bracket could get you a 'ticket.'

I'm going to chance it. I have personalized plates and the ease of remembering what my plates say makes me think twice before driving without proper respect for others on the road. The extra accountability is a good thing for me. I live in Missouri and the only thing that is partially obscured is the sticker for the year. So far the cops haven't seemed to mind, even in the little local town where Barney Fife runs amok giving tickets for bad license plate lights.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:14 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Haven't heard of this being enforced in my part of Iowa. Traffic camera litigation is the hot topic here. And if you plan to operate while under the influence or transport a trunk load of drugs, I'd recommend you first check your license plate illumination light bulbs. Our prisons are full of Chicago gangstas who wished they had stopped by an Autozone before cruising I-80.

Last edited by ia_trouter; 05-08-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:32 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: That auto license plate bracket could get you a 'ticket.'

Hear you IT. Sounds like I-5 coming out of Kalifornia headed north. Interesting (the arrests are all on line) and (per the TV blurb) OSP fellow pulls in behind him and does a license check an BINGO!

Cuffs and opens up the back of the van and it was a chem lab full of finished products.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:41 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

We don't have counties here so it's business as usual for Alaskans It would be a bummer getting fined for a 'Catch & Release Wild Steelhead' plate holder wouldn't it.......

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-14-2014, 03:34 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Most people don't realize that in many states any covering of the plate, including those transparent covers, are instant PC. The covering doesn't have to obscure anything-just covering the plate is illegal . Also, license plate lights, tires that aren't completely under the fenders, cracked or pitted windshields. One of my faves was stuff hanging from the rear-view mirror that tends to block the driver's view.
In the 70's I could (and did) write tickets for (after-market)oversize hood ornaments!
In Idaho, if the highway goes from two lanes to one lane and the lane you are in goes away, you have to signal when you move to the remaining lane. This one went to the State supreme court for the same reason as the original cited case above: "Fail To Signal Lane Change" used as PC for a traffic stop that resulted in a DUI.
Most motorists could not withstand the scrutiny of any traffic cop with more that 3 years experience. Harder now with cameras, but it's still hard for most folks to drive very far without incurring a violation that would allow a stop.
fredaevans likes this.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey