The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 01:34 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default F1 - Any Fans Here?

Total Mercedes domination so far, but next up is Spain (May 11th), Fernando Alonzo's home turf, and Ferrari is just coming off their first podium of the season... time to see if the gap to Team Mercedes is closing.

VVVVVRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!!
mcnerney likes this.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 05-08-2014, 03:33 PM

dcbeattie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: F1 - Any Fans Here?

if Renault can get a little more power red bull may get better. same with ferrari.. alonso seems to take a crappy car and make it work.. he did the same last year. it will be interesting to see if Haas can get an American team going. Engines will be an issue for them. There are Cosworth rumors floating around, but their last go wasn't that great. I am sort of disappointed that Kimi isn't doing better.
mcnerney, fredaevans and stenacron like this.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:01 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbeattie View Post

it will be interesting to see if Haas can get an American team going. Engines will be an issue for them. There are Cosworth rumors floating around, but their last go wasn't that great.
Looks like they may push it out to 2016... maybe because of the engine program.

I can't wait to see who the drivers will be. Danica has to be wearing out her welcome in NASCAR by now... maybe she'll be available.
mcnerney likes this.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:59 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

I work for a company who, at one time years ago, provided computers for the pits for the Stryker team...before they became Force India?

Anyway, from an engineering standpoint, I love the sport. Besides NHRA dragracing, there's nothing else like it. I don't get much time to watch it, but I tune in when I can. My youngest son is a junkie when it comes to cars...if it has wheels, that's his thing. We sat down and watched a race and he was enthralled...
mcnerney and stenacron like this.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:05 PM

Force India has been pretty impressive so far given the size of their team... the "Hulk" always seems to find his way into the points. His star seems to be on the rise.
Click the image to open in full size.

I like how compact it is... two hours, and that includes post race celebration.

I DVR the races, that way I can buzz through the commercials. I like NASCAR too, but their race coverage is a marathon event. Green flag finally drops anywhere from 20-40 minutes in depending on the magnitude of the race. F1... you tune in, and they're rolling on the parade lap already.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:18 AM
mtbusman has a spectacular aura aboutmtbusman has a spectacular aura about

Gee, I opened this thread expecting to discuss the Ross F1 Reel.

Ross thinks it's quite a racer among fly reels, pretty fast and built to last, a great performer. I myself have never tried an F1.
Guess I misread the caption.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:13 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
Total Mercedes domination so far, but next up is Spain (May 11th), Fernando Alonzo's home turf, and Ferrari is just coming off their first podium of the season... time to see if the gap to Team Mercedes is closing.

VVVVVRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!!
THANKS! for the heads up reminder. The race had totally slipped my mind. Got caught up in F1 racing a couple of years ago 'channel flipping' and been hooked ever since. The drivers must have the reflexes of a F 15 fighter pilot. Waaaay out of my league; 60mph is quite enough for me thank you very much. Ya, I am that old guy driving 55 (right lane) in a 65-70 mph speed zone.

fae
stenacron likes this.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:17 PM

james w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the rough

Wow, I didn't know there were this many guys here with an F1 fixation.
Outstanding!

I even watch the practices.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbusman View Post
Gee, I opened this thread expecting to discuss the Ross F1 Reel.
I thought it was about the Tag Heuer watch
bigjim5589 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-11-2014, 09:54 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: F1 - Any Fans Here?

Had to get up at "Zero Dark 30" (my norm anyway) to watch the race. Loved every moment from 'flag to flag.' The drivers, and those that put those machines together, are exceptional.

As for driving one of the funniest things I've ever read (years back) was a top driver (can see his face, blank on the name at the moment) was 'What scares you when you drive?'

Classic answer: "When I have to drive in LA freeway traffic."