The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree24Likes
  • 5 Post By grtlksmarlin
  • 3 Post By waterfordcreek
  • 3 Post By jpbfly
  • 4 Post By siege
  • 2 Post By fredaevans
  • 2 Post By Rip Tide
  • 2 Post By guest59
  • 2 Post By milt spawn
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 11:34 PM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough
Default Fredaevans, Congratulations!....

Mr. Evans congratulations on your 5,000th post!

Though you must be a yappy son-ofa-gun, I've enjoyed reading many of them!

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:48 AM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fredaevans, Congratulations!....

Congrats Fred.

sláinte....
Old 05-19-2014, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Fred....thanks for contributing !!!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:01 AM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Keep 'em coming Fred. You have put some real gems on the board over the years. Between your personal wisdom and what you post from the Ravalli newspaper, there is always something interesting coming from White City.
Here's to the next 5,000 ! ( lifting a glass )
Old 05-19-2014, 09:47 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Fredaevans, Congratulations!....

Well thank you Kind Sirs! Never paid attention to post counts so this thread took me by total surprise.

Why so many? Because the 'Greater You' have posted up great reads that are well worth my time, and comment. Amazing what you think you know and another A HAH!! gets posted here or the UK 'Mother Board.' Information which is directly transferable to Steelhead and Pacific Salmon river fishing.

Keep it coming!

Fred
imxer and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:21 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
WOOZER !!
I love that expression of yours Fred
milt spawn and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Account on hold

guest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to behold

...And if you think the man can talk/type, you should see him cook!!! AND cast!!!!

Congratulations Fred for your "Gift of Gab" milestone!
siege and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:37 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're still here fae! milt
siege and grtlksmarlin like this.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:21 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygrain View Post
...And if you think the man can talk/type, you should see him cook!!! AND cast!!!!

Congratulations Fred for your "Gift of Gab" milestone!
Sorry for the 'self congratulation' but I really am pretty good at both. Well with a 2hander ... with a one hander I'm questionable but all the 'rules apply' from one to the other if you understand/convey the 'why.' Seriously, that's true.

Another mind wander about to happen here.

Three bedroom home .. mine and Sandy's, the 'guest room,' and my office to read and look out on the street. #2 is the guest room/fly tie roll top desk. #2 has a wall to wall/top to bottom book case that covers about all from tie a fly to celestial navigation. Yes, I do have a Sextant and take star/moon shots just for jollies. Odd part is my home has never moved.

Eyes run over the titles and one slips into my hand and off for an hours read. Start at page one .. rare .. open in the middle and enjoy what's about to pass before your eyes. An age thing I think, but eyes blur over two open pages and you're sound asleep .. .thinking about what you just read.

Here on a couple of occasions, sitting in a foot flip up chair .. with some frequency but it's 0300 in the morning.

My office and the 'one book?'

A Webster's Dictanary. (Spelling intended.) GOD I HATE when I do a miss-spell. Lots of history behind that, but I'll leave it at that.

fae
grtlksmarlin likes this.