The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tx_newb
  • 1 Post By comeonavs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 06:08 PM

tx_newb has a spectacular aura abouttx_newb has a spectacular aura about
Default Well that sucks...(World Cup)

Not a huge soccer fan but I've had a blast watching the Cup. This defeat was tough to watch. Howard put on an amazing display, too bad the offense was asleep until the end of extra time.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:23 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well that sucks...(World Cup)

I have enjoyed watching my girls play soccer but as in all professional sports, there is no appeal to me.

Dave
Old 07-01-2014, 06:43 PM

scoutm is on a distinguished road

What really sucks is recording the match, not having the radio on all day, staying away from all news and sports outlets just so I could avoid knowing the outcome so I could watch the game tonight and in five words on a fly fishing forum no less it's all blown up....I guess I should have taken the day off.

I think there's a commercial about this??

On the bright side I now have a couple hours open...what to do?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:09 PM

Scout...part of me is sorry but part of is laughing! Who woulda thought huh?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:16 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

I am about as non soccer fan as their can be. Outside of world cup I have watched one game in my life, and that was when the Colorado Rapids won the MLS.

I have to say I love the world cup though, I am a junky for major sporting events like this or the Olympics, Xgames,Ryder Cup etc etc.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
I am about as non soccer fan as their can be. Outside of world cup I have watched one game in my life, and that was when the Colorado Rapids won the MLS.

I have to say I love the world cup though, I am a junky for major sporting events like this or the Olympics, Xgames,Ryder Cup etc etc.

Likewise. I very rarely watch soccer (futbol) but I've had a blast watching this one.

I've put in about as much time watching this World Cup as I did the entire last Olympics...too many "sports" that are like watching paint dry in the Olympics.

I'm looking forward to the Ryder Cup as I always do (but then I'm a golfer").
Old 07-01-2014, 09:22 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been enjoying it as well and in particular the sporting events where the world is a stage. That was one heckuva match tonight, too bad it had to come to and end for the US.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:37 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutm View Post
What really sucks is recording the match, not having the radio on all day, staying away from all news and sports outlets just so I could avoid knowing the outcome so I could watch the game tonight and in five words on a fly fishing forum no less it's all blown up....I guess I should have taken the day off.

I think there's a commercial about this??

On the bright side I now have a couple hours open...what to do?
Like wise, I kept myself from checking the score all day. but one whatsapp message from my bestfriend blew everything away.
Tim Howard and Dempsey were the ones who kept the US from being the minnow in the group. The other 10 outfielders are basically worthless.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Business Member

Flygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of light

I do like soccer, but there is something about it that bothers me. This video covers it pretty well

facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flygr...0954084?ref=hl