The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 09:36 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light
Default A note on fireworks

As I'm sitting here listening to some neighbors light of fireworks I would like to maybe offer some advice to you guys who do that. If you live near a veteran, seriously ask if they mind if you shoot off fireworks, I'm about crawling out of my skin right now because of them and won't sleep tonight because of it.

That's all,

Ryan
Old 07-03-2014, 09:51 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: A note on fireworks

That sucks, I am sorry

Glad you don't live in my neighborhood where 4th of July is a two week event for the idiots around me. I love fireworks but it is a bit much.

Again sorry you have to deal with that, but thank you for your service !!!!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan

I can certainly understand, but would also like to say thanks for your service.

Larry

Old 07-03-2014, 10:21 PM

smilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nice

I'm real sorry buddy. I hope you have a good day tomorrow thanks for your service to us all.
moucheur2003 likes this.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:46 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Ryan, if you have some soft foam ear plugs, they help. You can still feel some of the concussion from the big stuff, but the plugs help take the edge off. At least there's no frag to deal with.
If all else fails, see if there is an all night move theatre in your area. Hang in there bro, it gets better over time. I was incountry '69- '71. All these things lose their sharp edges eventually.
smilingduck likes this.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:00 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you Ryan for both the reminder and your service to our country.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:43 AM

spm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
Thank you Ryan for both the reminder and your service to our country.
I second that.

spm
Old 07-04-2014, 08:40 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

I had a long post thanking you guys and telling you I never did what I did for thanks, I chose to go after all. But some things don't come off right on the internet so here we are .

I appreciate the thoughts, and siege, that's a good suggestion, but my overwhelming paranoia trumps that idea

Hope everyone enjoyed the 4th, we had a party today and everyone just left so I'm crawling into bed with a book while my wife takes my oldest to see the fireworks. Hard to explain to the lad why daddy can't goto them but well cross that bridge later I suppose!

Ryan
siege and Flygrain like this.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:53 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps, just perhaps, the task of explaining should be left to your wife?

Just a thought.

Fred
Old 07-04-2014, 09:12 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Ryan.
I sorry to hear of The Situation Thoughtless people put you in after all you have endured.
Everyone over here is now restricted from discharging Fireworks for many reasons & anyone who wants to has to apply for a Special Permit otherwise The Police Turn up.
I know how you feel as I was A Foreman in A Munitions Factory in the late 60s -70s where lots of our guys working on The Machines had served overseas with The Armed Forces in WW 2 many of whom also had problems with noisy situations & Enviroments
Later I went to The Coal Mining industry & over many years developed Industrial Deafness which resulted in Ringing in The Ears (tintinus) & now I can't stand load noises/Music & Fireworks as well so I really feel for anyone in similar situations..
There are lots of times I now also have to wear Ear Plugs Or Muffs.
Brian.