The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By repperson29
  • 1 Post By waterfordcreek

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 08:18 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Desperate Plea! Denver Area!

For the folks in the Denver area. My youngest son (29) is living in Englewood. Moved there recently from Iowa to do some work, but that fell apart. He does website design & graphic arts. Although being his father, I'm biased, he's quite brilliant at it. Perhaps to the point of genius, but again I'm biased!

Anyway, he's had some bad luck recently, and is costing me a small fortune trying to help him out to just survive. The whole "job" setup provided a place to live & for now the rent is paid, but that won't last forever.

He eats like a herd of horses too! He's a big guy & wild & free! A Rugby player! He's about 6'5" 200lbs & has curly red hair! Has a red beard too! Could have easily been a stand in for the movie "Braveheart"

He's a good soul however!

OK, in the past couple of weeks, he had a spill on a bike & busted up his face some. Doesn't do much to help him with job interviews. He said he looked like he had been in a fight!

He also had his cell phone, bike with lock & a laptop stolen all in the same week! Yesterday he informed my wife that he has lost his drivers license & a credit card while running (he stays in shape, even with all this bad luck!). He still has a passport for ID purposes. (He's traveled in the past too, on his own dime!)
Colorado has not been kind so far but he loves being there. He is a survivor & doesn't want to come home just yet, determined to do things his own way. He also has a dog, acquired while in Iowa & with a now former girl friend! He won't abandon the dog!

So, if there is anyone who may have a lead on any company or individual who may be in need of website or graphic arts services, I'm hereby begging for help! ANY, lead would be appreciated! I know he has past work he can show too. He does still have his home PC, so is not without equipment.

He's worked in restaurants & bars too in the past waiting tables, tending bar or as a bouncer, plus other computer related jobs & is looking around for anything to get some income, but his skill is with websites & graphic arts.

Again, any help to get him working is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading this!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 07-20-2014, 09:05 AM

repperson29 is a jewel in the roughrepperson29 is a jewel in the roughrepperson29 is a jewel in the roughrepperson29 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Desperate Plea! Denver Area!

I have no job offers, just wanted to say hope he finds some work. From what I hear that industry is hard to get in and stay in, I've talked to a few guys who do it and say they had to do graphic design for free for a lot of places to get their name out there for a few years before they could latch on some where. Maybe that's an option for him? Then get a job bouncing or whatever until something comes up?

All the best

Ryan
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:05 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

Walmart and Fedx both have data centers in Colorado Springs.

Also...Gorsuch in Vail has some openings. From what i understand, they have had openings for months.

The Denver market is tough.

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=IT&l=Denver
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:59 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Ryan, thanks for the words of encouragement!

Waterfordcreek, thank you too! That link may help greatly!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!