The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By smilingduck
  • 3 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 06:01 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Don't forget! Tonights the night!

If you haven't seen one of these SET YOUR CLOCK!

Second ‘supermoon’ of 2014 is coming Sunday night | kdvr.com
Old 08-10-2014, 07:07 PM

smilingduck has a spectacular aura aboutsmilingduck has a spectacular aura aboutsmilingduck has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Don't forget! Tonights the night!

My suit made of tin foil is at the cleaners I will have to sit this one out.
fireroad likes this.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:24 PM

james w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the rough

I'm looking at overcast skies right now, with a forecast of no change.

Add that this moon will wash out the midweek meteor shower . . .
Old 08-10-2014, 11:18 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reminding us Fred. Wish I would have read this earlier. Just fished both ends of a tide on the north shore under this scorching ball of green cheese and did not fair well at all! Between the glare on a flat sound and the phosphoresence in the water couldn't have gotten a fish with a stick of dynamite! Funny thing I came down to the beach to escape the algae blooms in the mountain lakes not thinking about this August Moon. Oh well things should pick up in a few days!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-11-2014, 01:32 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingduck View Post
My suit made of tin foil is at the cleaners I will have to sit this one out.
Dang! If you'd given me a couple of days notice I could have gotten a huge roll from Walmart for you. Looking up at the moon as I type.

MY BAD! The Moon is spectacular; better yet to come.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:10 AM

lv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nice

Bummer, day late and a dollar short...
Old 08-11-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2nymph View Post
Bummer, day late and a dollar short...
No 'shower' tomorrow (that I know of) but the full moon is a 'just stand there' in the dark and look up. 250,000 some miles away and 'glows' in the night sky. Dog and I out in the street looking up at 0400. No joy for Meteors, but still 70 degrees and a soft night.

But I will 'wander' for a moment. A good Dog at my side for 11 years. But we went back inside, his breakfast, and I read to him, yes from a book.

Time to think of "Shoes and ships and Cabbages and Kings." And think what that could be? A very old Yellow Lab flaked out on your feet helps concentration. Sandy, the Lab, likes his tummy/back rubs; I can do that as I read to him. Voice inflection is everything; but he understands. So I think, but the hair on his face is almost all white from age so he may be just 'humoring' me?

Tomorrow's read for Sandy is "The Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran. 96 pages of 'stop and think.'

fae