The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Shout out" thread....

Hello Dorian,
Good question. I have seen a pattern with upright curved tails before, the entire fly was actually made from a Mallard flank feather with just a little dubbing at the thorax area. If I can remember how it was tied I will tie one and post a pic for you.
Sorry, I cannot remember the name of it though.

Not sure it would really be neccessary for the tails to curve upward, because from the fish's viewpoint looking upward, all that is needed is an impression of a tail or a trailing nymphal shuck.

Have you been out on the river lately?

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 04-15-2008, 01:34 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Dorian;

One of the hot flies on the Snake last year was a Parachute PMD Extended Body. It looks great, could not get the shop owner to tell where he gets them.
Did not have them in anything but the PMD. The fish loved them and I bought them everytime I was in the shop.
The shop is new here in town. It's called The Snake River Angler Fly Shop. Not sure if they have a web site or not. I'll check on that. Try and take a photo or two of one to post here and see if anybody has a source.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-15-2008, 08:50 AM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

Cool. Thanks guys.

Well Fysh/Davo....what's the verdict for this weekend? You guys gonna make it for a day or two?

Right now I am contemplating whether or not to join a soccer league that has games every Monday night. If I don't join that is one more afternoon that I free up to either fish or work on getting my yard in. Tough decision. Leaning towards not playing this year.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:50 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian.ducker View Post
Well Fysh/Davo....what's the verdict for this weekend? You guys gonna make it for a day or two?
Dorian my truck goes in Thursday for the recall. Unless they run into a problem I will be there on Friday. I'll Bring a couple of those extended body PMDs and see if Joni can figure out how the tier does the extended bodies. They are not the usual type.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian.ducker View Post
Cool. Thanks guys.

Right now I am contemplating whether or not to join a soccer league that has games every Monday night. If I don't join that is one more afternoon that I free up to either fish or work on getting my yard in. Tough decision. Leaning towards not playing this year.

Not looking like it right now, gotta work friday to try and catch up, then Saturday is going to be spent siding my shed. It will be nice to finally have it done.

I was really looking forward to meeting you folks at the Expo, now we're just gonna have to make a fishing date and go float....perhaps one of those 'Killer Burgers' at the Fox's cornered afterwards, Dave said he would buy!!

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 04-15-2008, 06:10 PM

Ha!! Wish I could but we are a man short this weekend at work. So I'm going to skip some sleep and make the expo but then I have to shoot back in time to catch the night shift.
No single malt for me. Hope I don't get the DTs. LOL

Old 04-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

No I meant later on sometime.
Are you getting more snow at this time Dave?

Old 04-15-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
No I meant later on sometime.
Are you getting more snow at this time Dave?
Been really warm last few days. Snow is melting good!!! They talking about rain right now, always makes the snow go a little quicker!

If you row the boat I'll buy the burgers

Old 04-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe you ought to row, and I'll buy the burgers. Even throw in a Scotch for ya.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:33 PM

Man!! One of these days I'll figure out how to escape them oars.

Closed Thread