The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: The "Shout out" thread....

Larry

The season is a long one so I'm sure you'll find some time to fish with me or others on the forum. Let me know if you can work out a day. Fridays are always best for me on long trips. Any day during the week is good locally here in Jackson. I'm the 24 hour on call supervisor on weekends so I can't fish then.

Hang in there and you'll get the feel for your boat. Looking back on it I probably over rowed for my first couple of seasons. Then it just sort of clicked what was going on and suddenly I did not have to work half as hard on the oars. Of course I'm a slow learner and nobody bothered to point out the obvious to me. LOL

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 06-08-2008, 11:30 AM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

Hey guys,

My Dad is in town visiting and I took him fly fishing for the first time. We went to the Warm River Springs area and had 0 luck for the 3 hours we were there. It was beautiful though. Also we stopped and saw both Mesa Falls for the first time ever. Quite impressive! Can't wait to take my kids to see it. The day was super windy and we both had a hard time fishing because of it. On a side note, I LOVE my St. Croix Avid 4 wt.!!!!! It is buttery smooth, easy to feel load, I just love it! It is a slower action rod and I find it very fun to fish!

We left that area and went to a little creek called Medicine Lodge Creek and caught 1 8" rainbow. At least we didn't get skunked!

Fysh....you think there are many fish between the falls??

Later.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Nope Dorian, there are absolutely no fish between the Falls, 00, nada, none, zippo, they all died years ago.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 06-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Nope Dorian, there are absolutely no fish between the Falls, 00, nada, none, zippo, they all died years ago.
I see somebodies off his meds!! LOL

Old 06-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

D I got a t-shirt for you still.....

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:33 PM

I need a case of those shirts to pass. Too Funny!!!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
I see somebodies off his meds!! LOL
LOL!! I am feeling slightly delusional lately, it must be the lack of water therapy......

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 06-11-2008, 09:19 AM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

OK....Fysh, Davo, Joni, and anyone else that might be interested. I have off from work July 1st through the 9th and the only things I will be doing are working on little stuff around my house and fishing!

Runoff should be clear by then (fingers crossed) and I would love to float the meadow section of the Teton, fish between the falls, WHATEVER!!!! Let's try to make a plan so that some of us can get together and make it happen. I think it will be fun.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:07 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
D I got a t-shirt for you still.....

Click the image to open in full size.
Joni,

If you don't send them all to Davo, then send a couple my way. On good days, I'll find a way to pass it to one of my less fortunate fishing buddies. On bad days, heck, I may wear it myself. Everything deserves an explanation. Too funny!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian.ducker View Post
OK....Fysh, Davo, Joni, and anyone else that might be interested. I have off from work July 1st through the 9th and the only things I will be doing are working on little stuff around my house and fishing!

Runoff should be clear by then (fingers crossed) and I would love to float the meadow section of the Teton, fish between the falls, WHATEVER!!!! Let's try to make a plan so that some of us can get together and make it happen. I think it will be fun.
Dorian

Sounds great to me. All depends on my guiding schedule. Run off should be slacking around that time. As it gets closing we"ll have to set something in motion.

Closed Thread