The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Shout out" thread....

I can totally understand that.
How's the weather been? thawing out any? wait a minute, how come your not on the river? didn't you say they were clearing the ramps ?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:44 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

It ain't thawing!! It's snowing. Greg is out of town and my next door neighbor plowed my boat in over hillclimb. Hoping Greg turns up tomorrow. Though I do hate thawing out my eyelets all day!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Geez!! why does that not surprise me, snow, snow, and more snow!

Have you heard anymore on that nasty Jackson Lake and Palisades rumor?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

But the good news is I finished patching my waders. Bad news is I basic made a new pair. Could have just coated my self with aqua seal I guess!!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Put em on and jump into a tub of Aqua seal. lol

Your like me, as soon as I can bear the cold water I'm wet wading.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
Actually tried to do it for eight months. Then did sales. Then quit fighting it and loaded up my SUV a uhaul and drove to Jackson. Been the happiest I've been since the age of 4 ever since!!

Had you been to J/H before this?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:58 AM

These will get me through the spring. I'm thinking new pair for fall. The ones I got are Cabelas Dry Plus waist highs. Had a gift certificate that was goin out of date. I'll buy better next time. Knew better as much wear and tear as I can put them through.

Goin wet once the weather is right is the only way. It's easy and it cools you off on hot days.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 PM

Dad taught me to fly fish here at the age of 10. Came back my last summer in college for 10 days. Fell in love with the place and the lifestyle. Really hated the East Coast!!. Was not a happy camper there!!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

If I remember right you grew up in Jersey, right?
Totally different lifestyle, much more laid back and the scenery has got to be better, though I've heard parts of Jersey are gorgeous.

I'm from Indiana originally, moved to Utah at the age of 9.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

My guide buddy at South Fork Lodge is from N.Y.
He and his gal guide the S.F in the Summer and have their own guide service in the Keyes during the Winter.
Closed Thread