The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: The "Shout out" thread....

Hi Dorian,

That is a good tip from Joni. I like the no-slip mono knot better than the surgeons loop. I find it harder to get a small loop with the surgeons loop but that may just be me.

Frank
Old 11-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Dorian,

That is a good tip from Joni. I like the no-slip mono knot better than the surgeons loop. I find it harder to get a small loop with the surgeons loop but that may just be me.

Frank
Frank you make a really good point and one that is of concern to allot. The smaller the loop the better.
While I did have a camera on what I was doing, it really needed to be behind me on the knot. The trick is, make a loop as small as you can but still feed the fly through twice. NOW, stick the eye of the hook in the loop and slowly tighten. You can get the tiniest of loops this way and it is easy. I actually learned this which freezing my fingers off a long time ago. It helped to steady my hands.
Dorian was great....and very good looking, but that is a girl thing and I am old enough to be his........big sister ;-)
Mr. Henry's Lake himself, Bill Schiess stayed the who show and mention it would be in the Idaho Register, so being the egotist I am, let me know LOL
We went to a close lake yesterday after seeing how cold, dark and gloomy it was. Got out on GLASS SMOOTH water and no breeze. Sweatshirt weather all day...AWESOME.
Landed about 15 in the 16 to 20 inch range from 5' of water and missed about 20 (Right at the tip of my toon...DANG-IT!)
Home now so I will get on those samples for you "D". Picked up some killer NEW tying material from Jimmy.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:18 AM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

Can I just say how glad I am that the forum is running up to speed again. It has been super slow for days!!!

BTW.....anyone know how to get a hold of a used Nor Vise? I want one!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting in the "Shout out" Jake. Good to get some fresh blood in here.

So, tell us some more about your self Jake, what area of the country are ya from? What do you fish for most often?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Kamloop....ummmmmmmmmm jealous!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Joni, do you have a link for the place you get your indicators from?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-03-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Joni, do you have a link for the place you get your indicators from?

Here:

The Flydesk: Slip Strike Indicators

Best time to get a hold of Dennis Brakke is Saturdays and Monday evening. He is having a battle with his health right now so keep trying.
If you just can't get a hold of him contact me and I can get them for you.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Wonderful Joni, Thank you. I will try to reach him, thanks again.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:46 PM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough

I haven't used the type you are talking about, but they look good, I might try them myself.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Fogerty View Post
Where I come from they are referred to as bobbers. They are a dime a dozen.

I love the way they change the name to make them more glamorous. It's like when a used car was called a used car but now it's classified as a previously owned vehicle. Give me a break!
Don't let the looks fool you, they work the same as a BIG DRY FLY or those YARN THINGs, except these can adapt to todays needs ;-)
Closed Thread