The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   The "Shout out" thread.... (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/3577-shout-out-thread.html)

fyshstykr 03-14-2008 10:14 PM

The "Shout out" thread....

How about an ongoing thread where we just say Hello, leave a message for another, or just say what's on our mind?

I'll start by "Shouting out" to BigCliff. :)

Hope you have a great weekend fishing, really looks like some great water. Be safe and take lots of pics.

***Don't forget the sunglasses.***

Davo 03-16-2008 05:05 PM

Re: The "Shout out" thread....

Hey Stryker

Break down of the stretch is a tall order so I'm working on an article with the basic details. Let you know when I post it. Probably be a couple days. It's a break down of the six stretches I know. Believe there are two additional stretches in the canyon but I've never floated down that far. I'll get back with more soon.

Davo :)

fyshstykr 03-16-2008 06:16 PM

Alright Davo,
Wow!! 6-8 different floats from Jackson Lake to Palisades?, can't wait to read it.

fyshstykr 03-16-2008 08:38 PM

Davo,
I hear Wolfs Eddy and Byington are accessable.

So do you know Brett and Sue that I mentioned earlier?

Davo 03-16-2008 08:43 PM

No I don't know them. Not familiar with Wolfs Eddy. Byington being paved would easily be accessible. Also they would have less snow over there than here in Jackson. Being on the open plain it is pretty well wind swept.

Davo

dorian.ducker 03-16-2008 08:45 PM

Hey guys and girls, just wanted to join the fun.

Fysh...I was at Byington a couple days ago just taking my kids for a drive to "see the river and the mountains"! We happened to also see some eagles and a moose...the kids got a kick out of it. Byington is clear. I have a hard time imagining that Lorenzo is still snowed in. As you know....I have never floated the river, but I have to believe that By. to Lorenzo is doable.

I am going out for the first time this season Tues. morning. Somewhere on the South Fork to wade. Not sure where. Suggestions would be very welcome!!

Davo....can't wait for that article about the Jackson to Palisades floats!!

fyshstykr 03-16-2008 08:47 PM

Cross the river at Heise and go upstream a few miles, dusty and bumpy road all the way to Cottonwood.

Does Cheney float up above as much as he does the Canyon section?

dorian.ducker 03-16-2008 08:51 PM

Cottonwood?? Is that the name of a section of river, bridge, town....??? Which direction from Hiese? Cross the river going towards the park and turn where? Sorry....as you already kind of know, I know very little of the local area.

fyshstykr 03-16-2008 08:57 PM

Hello Mr Ducker,
Wait until we float, your gonna see so many Eagles, Osprey, and Moose, their thick in the Canyon section. :tongue:

Lots of wadeable water fight now with the Winter flow.
Around Wolf's Eddy should have some good pockets.
Or go up above(On hwy26) and turn off at the big cement bridge and take the dirt road all the way up if you can, you should find good water all over.

Wish I could come up Tuesday, I would float you down from W.E.

fyshstykr 03-16-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorian.ducker (Post 23270)
Cottonwood?? Is that the name of a section of river, bridge, town....??? Which direction from Hiese? Cross the river going towards the park and turn where? Sorry....as you already kind of know, I know very little of the local area.

Cottonwood is the name of a takeout on the other side of the river.
Go to Heise hotsprings and go upstream about 15 miles, probably cannot get all the way there yet, but it should have plenty of accessable water along the way.