The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree13Likes
  • 7 Post By fredaevans
  • 2 Post By bigjim5589
  • 1 Post By barham
  • 1 Post By duker
  • 2 Post By mikel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2014, 10:08 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Question "God" is "Dog" spelt backwards?

Sitting at my desk and a large 11 year old head pushing against my arm. Treat time, if it were 4, AM or PM, it would mean dinner time ... this critter can read a clock.

8:10 PM and the only light on in the house is the screen on my lap top and Mr. Doggie Dog wants cuddles. Head between your legs, your forehead against his and gently ruffle his ears.

A good Dog, or a gift from a very good 'God?'

I think so.

fae
Old 08-20-2014, 10:33 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: "God" is "Dog" spelt backwards?

Amen Fred! Our's knows what time it is & when she wants things. That head on my lap is a sure sign!

She knows what she wants too! Can't just give her anything & expect her to go off happy!

They're just one of God's gifts to us!
fredaevans and hairwing530 like this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:26 AM

barham will become famous soon enough

Fred:
Sounds like my 12 year old springer. When my wife is gone, Millie will wake up from her bed in the den with me, go to her bed in the bedroom about 10:30sh, and return to the den, bark to tell me its time to go to bed. She will not no for an answer until I turn off the lights in the den and go to bed.
barham
fredaevans likes this.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:47 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barham View Post
Fred:
Sounds like my 12 year old springer. When my wife is gone, Millie will wake up from her bed in the den with me, go to her bed in the bedroom about 10:30sh, and return to the den, bark to tell me its time to go to bed. She will not no for an answer until I turn off the lights in the den and go to bed.
barham
Hear you.

Four legged children, who more often than not, know better than we? Interesting to read to Sandy, he likes Shakespeare. Go figure, but his fav., done with voice inflection:

"To be, or not to be (from Hamlet 3/1)

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action. - Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd."

No idea how many times I've read this to him. Written 200 years ago and not much has changed?

Me thinks.

Last edited by fredaevans; 08-21-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Change a word.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:39 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice

Fred, I know a dyslexic agnostic who lies awake at night and wonders if there's a dog.

Scott
Bigfly likes this.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:44 PM

Wink Re: "God" is "Dog" spelt backwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker View Post
Fred, I know a dyslexic agnostic who lies awake at night and wonders if there's a dog.

Scott
Perhaps, just perhaps ... there may be both? I wonder, some times, why the spelling is so interchangeable?

No I don't.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:53 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Yep, Fred...2 yrs since I lost Scoot and I miss him every day...worse when sad about something else and he's not there to be my friend.
fredaevans and hairwing530 like this.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Yep, Fred...2 yrs since I lost Scoot and I miss him every day...worse when sad about something else and he's not there to be my friend.
Husky's ash box is on my desk, I can reach out and touch same. And I do as I look at the picture just to my left. Queen sized bed and Sandy got 1/3'rd Husker's got close to half. I got what was left. Two huge heads on your legs was a wonderful 'pay back.' Day on the beach and you never rigged a rod; Dog's sitting beside eating half my Subway sandwich.

"DAMN IT DON'T BE GREEDY!!"

Sandy just ate half of my dinner sandwich; my half, of the half, was enough.

Dog(s) are very interesting 'People.'

fae
Old 08-22-2014, 05:58 PM

Sandy's sitting next to me here in the office and he knows its 'Time's end?' He doesn't want to lie down as I suspect he thinks he won't be able to get up again.

TEARS ARE FILLING MY EYES!

Just short of 11 years and damned little of that where we weren't more than 10 feet apart. Like loosing a kid; but they go on to (hopefully) bigger and better things. The Dog?

Next to you no matter how shxtie a day you may have had.

"And God made a Dog."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ7AfSO2fKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA8VJh0UJtg